Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holiday Cheer

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and also the 10K Turkey Trot.  I have a half day at work today so I am stopping and picking up my bib and t-shirt on my way home from work. It's not that far out of my way. I'm looking forward to the run but also anxious.

I always get anxious before a run regardless of the length. My internal monologue runs along these lines:

"I can't do it. What am I thinking? There's no way I can run a 5K/10K/Half Marathon! I'm not properly trained! It's going to be cold out! I'm a terrible runner!"

And then the morning of the race dawns and I suck it up and go out and have fun. I don't have a goal for this race. I haven't ran a 10K in a really long time and I honestly don't remember my time from that. So I want to finish strong. That's my goal. Finish strong, Meg!

It's supposed to be 21 degrees tomorrow morning. But it's supposed to FEEL like 12 degrees. Plus, snow showers! I have my outfit all planned out. I wanted to get some new winter running gear but Hubs wants to get me some stuff for Christmas so I will use what I have. I'm wearing tights under a running skirt, a long sleeve tech shirt under a regular t-shirt and a fleece over that. Plus a winter hat and gloves. I'll take a picture of my whole kit with my bib tonight and post it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment