Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful

Well, hello snow.

Of course, this wasn't real snow, not by Michigan standards. When I drove home from work yesterday evening I could tell it was snow and not rain but it wasn't really sticking to anything. This morning as I ran I noticed some white stuff on the piles of leaves and I was all "oh hey, it did snow last night".

I don't mind snow. I've never really ran in it but I live in an AWESOME city where the city plows all of the sidewalks. ALL OF THEM. So I know if it does snow, it won't be in my way for very long. Seriously, is that not the coolest thing ever?

I got up ten minutes earlier today than I have in the previous weeks. I figure if I can get up at 6:10AM I can get up at 6:00AM. So I did. And I almost ran three miles this morning! I'm super stoked by that because I'd like to get three miles (each workout) in during the week and maybe get a longer run or two in on the weekends, depending on the boys.

I felt good. It was cold and I could see my breath come out in steamy puffs in my headlamp. This was one of those few mornings where I wasn't grunting and groaning that first mile. I hate the first mile of any run. I know I'm not alone on this, right? It just sucks. Once I get past the first mile I can get in the groove but man, mile one blows. Today, not so much, but most days UGH. Amiright?

Funny story. I decided to run a certain way so I could drop off a long overdue thank you card to the neighbors who live behind us. They dropped off adorable outfits for the boys MONTHS ago and I wanted to get them a card. Well, FINALLY I got one together and went to stick it in their mailbox. The first time I ran past their house I couldn't figure out if it was the right one, it was a little too dark out. So, I figured I would just run past it on my way home since it would be lighter out. It certainly was lighter and as I came up to the house I figured it was the right one. Of course, at that moment they were pulling out of their driveway. I didn't want them to see me deliver the card and I felt stupid so I waved and kept running. At least now I know it's definitely their house!

Here's a picture of one of my shoes and the MASSIVE snow we got:
If you look very closely you can see a little white stuff on some of the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment