Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Skip to My Lou

I didn't run this morning.

The alarm went off and I looked at it and realized I wanted to sleep a whole lot more than I wanted to run.

I'm disappointed in myself. But, at the same time, I needed the sleep so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I didn't run this morning and that is OK. I will run tomorrow and I will run on Sunday.

I avoided eating McDonald's for breakfast this morning. That's a point in the "Go Meg" category. I'll take it! I know fast food is terrible. I know it's not good for me. I know it is made up of the worst of the worst chemicals and food products. But, still, I can hear it's siren's song. Ugh. I can do it.

My plan is to get in a workout tonight once the boys go to bed. I finally cleaned out our basement last weekend so I've got a nice workout space. I figure I can go down there with some weights, the DVR full of "Doctor Who" episodes and make something happen. Wish me luck!

I've been thinking about cross training lately. I used to swim in high school and I loved it. I really feel the urge to get back in the pool coming on strong. Of course, that would mean I'd need a gym membership. I'm anti L.A. Fitness. I don't know about your area, but the one closest to me is full of tiny, trendy women in Lulemon pants and sports bras. Not my bag. There's a YMCA that's close and I could see doing that a couple of nights a week. Just have to factor in the cost with our budget and see what happens.

The beauty of running is, amongst other things, it is so cheap!

1 comment:

  1. Super true about running being cheap! For that matter, a lot of workouts can be done in the house and it costs nothing.

    Sometimes it's better to catch up on sleep. I know I once almost tripped because I was running less focused than normal!

    ReplyDelete