Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Wanderer

I got lost on my run this morning.

I got lost in my own neighborhood.

I live around streets that run at weird angles and somehow when I thought I was running towards one main road, I was actually running towards the main road that runs perpendicular to that one. So I was running in the wrong direction.

That's what I get for changing up my route.

Luckily, I didn't go that far out of my way so I was able to get back on track and get home. I was only a few minutes late so I caught up by flying through my shower and morning routine. Whew. And, in good news, I ran almost four miles because of my mess up so hey, nice work out!

Seriously, who gets lost in their own neighborhood?

I've been listening to Pandora on my phone while I run but just now realized that it kinda sucks. When I listen to Pandora on my work computer I shuffle my stations so it changes things up. For some reason when I use my phone it plays one of my stations. That station is Top 40 hits or something like that, which is great and all when I need some fast tunes. However, I don't know a lot of the songs (sorry, not much of a radio person) which means I end up spending most of my run trying to figure out what the eff I'm listening to. And while that does provide a distraction, it also sucks.

 I lost my charger for my iPod shuffle but I'm going to get a new one on ebay so I'll load that up with some new songs and be on my merry way. In fact, it should arrive next Wednesday woo hoo.

I'm going to enjoy a rest day tomorrow and then run lots of miles on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary, so I'm working out for 50 minutes while wearing a fez. It helps that I'll  be working out and watching Doctor Who from the comfort of my own basement so no one can judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment