Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Well, That Sucks


MEG B - 20629
 


Your entry was not accepted.




Boo!

I didn't have super high hopes that I would get a chance to run this race. After all, if you look at my number up there over 20,000 women signed up just to see if they would get chosen. Yikes!

I think it was meant to be that I didn't get chosen. Honestly, I'm not really a Tiffany & Co. kind of woman. I own one thing from that store and that's a necklace my husband bought me for our wedding.

I've never traveled for a race so I was looking forward to trying it out. But, this way I will run the Glass City Half Marathon in Toledo (which is still traveling as I live in Michigan and that's in Ohio) and maybe Hubs and the boys will be able to come to the race. I have heard that one is relatively flat so dare I say the letters P and R?

Plus, since I know I won't be running in DC I can sign up for the Glass City half early and save money. It's a win all around!

I'm taking this week off from running. I am in a Christmas play and it's Dress Rehearsal week which means I'm there pretty late. By the time I get home and get everything ready for work the next day and for the boys it's after 11PM. I used to be able to last on much less sleep but I am far too old for that. Plus, one of my boys is sick or teething and waking up in the middle of the night. The lack of sleep is wearing on me. 

Anyone get in to the Nike Women's Half in DC?


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment