Friday, January 31, 2014

Against All Odds

I signed up for my gym online so I didn't do a regular orientation. And since I don't really like people that much, at least I don't like strangers that much, I ignored the very nice woman who called to tell me that I could come in at anytime and get an orientation. Why would I do that? I know how to work a treadmill and that's all I care about.

The treadmills at the gym have their own television screen. They turn on automatically when the treadmill turns on. I cannot figure out how to turn them off. I also can't figure out how to change the channel. If I'm going to forced to watch a t.v. at least let it be a channel I enjoy! Nope. I've been forced to watch Comedy Central both times (on two different treadmills). I had to watch "Workaholics" on Wednesday night and "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" last night. I am not a fan of either show. If you are a fan, good for you, they're both just a little too awkward for me. Awkward, uncomfortable situations make me cringe, even when they're made-up.

At least I didn't end up on the treadmill with the t.v. stuck on Lifetime. That was the guy next to me. Yikes!

I didn't bring my iPad last night. And of course, because I didn't bring my iPad, while I'm setting up my treadmill I see a huge sign with the gym's wireless password emblazoned across it. Would have been nice to notice that one on Wednesday!

I was winning on all fronts, last night, let me tell you!

I did manage to get a four mile run in. So, there's that.
And I remembered to stretch afterwards, something I did not do on Wednesday night (ouch!).


I wanted to run this morning. My mind wanted to run. So I set my alarm all set to run outdoors (it was in the high 20's). Of course, when said alarm went off my body reminded me that it had just run four miles about seven hours before. So no morning run. If it stays nice I will run outside when the boys go to bed.

I am looking forward to hanging out with my boys tomorrow and Sunday. I am definitely looking forward to watching the Broncos win the Super Bowl. And I am looking forward to the 5K on Sunday, as well. It's supposed to snow on Saturday, three to six inches total, which sucks, but it should be cleared up enough by Sunday. At least I hope it is.

Enjoy your weekend! GO BRONCOS!


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your weekend! Way to go on your runs! My focus in February is to do more running. I had a great month of exercise in January, but not many runs.

    ReplyDelete