Thursday, January 30, 2014

Did You Hear Me Cheering?

It's here! It arrived! My key card to the gym showed up yesterday!

(Cue heavenly music)

I was super stoked when I saw it in the mailbox. Woo hoo! Hubs had hockey last night so he didn't get home until after the guys went to bed. As soon as they were asleep, I changed into my workout gear and waited for Hubs to get home. I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve!

He walked in the door, laughed and said, "I take it you're going to the gym?"

What gave it away? Me in my workout gear? The gym bag by the front door? The excitement oozing out of my pores?

I found a great parking spot (there's some reserved spaces for the gym and the rest is metered parking. I got to park for free!) and headed inside. It's a no-frills establishment. No locker room, no showers, no pool. The windows were all steamed up so I couldn't see much when I first got in there.

For it being nearly 8PM, the place was bumping. There are ten treadmills. Only three of them were in use so I got on one right away. High five!

Now, I brought my iPad because I read the gym has wi-fi. Of course, one needs the password in order to use the wi-fi. And with the place being a twenty-four hour gym, the desk is only manned by employees until 7PM. I should have just asked someone for it, I saw quite a few people using iPads, but I get a little shy in social settings so I didn't. Next time for sure.

I haven't been on a treadmill in a while so I was a little rusty. I set it up for a forty minute workout and started. The good thing with doing it that way is I knew I wanted to get three miles in. So when it was getting close to the end and I wasn't quite at my three miles, I was able to sprint and get the mileage in. The bad thing was I didn't set it up for a cool down so as soon as my forty minutes were up the machine stopped. Oops.

I ran 3.04 miles in forty minutes. That's fast for me, especially for a training run. My legs were pretty wobbly when I was done. I'll take it a little easier tonight.
 
By the time I left, at almost 8:45PM, the place was starting to empty out. Right now the evening workouts are fine. I think next week I'll try some morning workouts. We'll see how busy they are.

You know you worked hard when you get in your car after the gym and you steam up the windows.

Post gym:
I was red. And sweaty. The flash kinda washes that out. And yep, I drive a minivan!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for your gym card making it! And Yay for a treadmill run!

    ReplyDelete