Friday, January 10, 2014

Don't Stop Believing

Yesterday's run was fun. I had high hopes I would be able to see the Northern Lights but alas, it was snowing. Yet another run in the snow, yikes!

Luckily, it was just starting and barely accumulated so my paths were clear. I think the Cardio Trainer App logs my mileage and slightly slower than what I would normally run but I'm OK with that. It's a minor flaw and again, the app was FREE so I'll deal with it. I like that I can set it up to record my run and not worry about the timer shutting off if I switch over to a different screen, which is what used to happen with the timer app on my phone. That alone makes it worth it!

I tried to take a picture of my cool new reflective vest but it came out super blurry. And on my second attempt I got a picture of my shoe:
After my third attempt at a picture I gave up. Just pretend this is a picture of me in my vest.
This was on my front porch. Hubs ended up opening up the door and asking me, "What are you doing?". "Taking a vest selfie for my blog" sounded so ridiculous that I didn't even bother answering. I was getting cold by then so I went inside.

I signed up for a 5K for next weekend. I didn't run one in December. In fact, looking back, I ran ONE DAY in December. I had my play, then I got sick (it took me forever to recover from that) then it was the holidays and before I knew it BAM it's New Year's Eve.

That's not happening again this month! This one is somewhat local and along the riverfront so it'll be nice to run in a different area. I'm also looking for a virtual race to run this month. I figure if I run two races this month I can make up for my miss in December. I also need to find a run for February. I figure if I sign up for them in advance the less likely I am to miss a race.

Here's the weather prediction for race day so far (it's a week out so you all know that can change):

Day Jan 18

Partly Cloudy
19°FHigh
Partly Cloudy
Chance of snow:
10%
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just found your blog. You said you were looking for virtual 5k's to run, I'm going to do this one: http://www.runsforcookies.com/2014/01/2nd-annual-runs-for-cookies-virtual-5k.html , but if you find any other cool ones, I'd love to hear about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I, too, find myself embarrassed often by the types of pictures I try to get for my blog. Someone without a blog would probably think most bloggers were crazy by the amount of weird/unusual/un-explainable pictures that can be found on their phone at any given time.

    Good luck on your race next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously admire all you ladies that live up North! Sound like you are on the right track with January!
    LOL, I also have many crazy pics that I either mess up or can't quite get right.

    ReplyDelete