Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Earning Those Superbowl Snacks

I don't have many requirements when picking out a race. I like smaller races but not so small that I will be left behind in everyone's dust. I like them to be somewhat close to me. And if they start at 9:00AM or even later then I am a happy camper.

I found my February race the other day. And I signed up for it! I like to slack off when it comes to actully registering for races so when I found this and had the funds available on that day I threw caution to the wind and signed up.

It's a Run Super Bowl 5K on Superbowl Sunday. Start is at 9:00AM so yay for that! Not that I mind getting up early, but it's always nice to get a few more minutes of shut-eye.

And there is mega swag:
 frontpage

Oh yes, that is a medal, a beanie, and a beer glass! Plus, it's on Superbowl Sunday (is it Superbowl or Super Bowl?) which means I will be able to nervous eat eat some snacks while I watch the Broncos and not feel god-awful about it. My training plan calls for a much longer run that day, but I'll switch things around and see how it works.

I can handle snow. I can handle cold. I just can't handle sub-zero tempertaures. Or ice. Fingers crossed it works out for me!








2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What an awesome race and bonus burn on Superbowl Sunday! Excellent!!!! (Love the swag too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great race swag package! And I love race days on days when I know I'll be eating lots of yummy (not so healthy) food. :)

    ReplyDelete