Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Think It's Time for a Back-Up Plan

It was too cold to run outside this morning. To give you an idea of how cold it was here is a picture of my dashboard on my way in to work. This is two hours later than when I would have been running.


Yep, that says six degrees Fahrenheit. That's cold.

If it's not warm enough tonight when I get home from work I'm going to cave and get a gym membership. There's an Anytime Fitness somewhat close to me that I'm looking at. It's either that or the YMCA. I like the idea of cross training with some pool work but I have inner ear issues (I have a kink in my ear canal so when I get water in my ear it doesn't come out easily. This leads to ear infections if I'm not careful. And those hurt A LOT!) so I don't think I'll risk it this year.

I'd really like to join a gym that doesn't have a contract so I can just quit when it finally gets nice out. At this rate it feels like it will be cold and miserable until August. 


2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I feel the same way. I was trying to plan when I'd run on Thursday, before or after work, and I realized that's impossible right now. It could be 20° or -20­° at this rate.

    I think a gym membership is a great idea. I've been loving mine (only got it on the 1st of Jan) for the ellipticals, weights and of course, treadmills when it comes to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG geez I can't even fathom that cold! Have you tried earplugs or something to keep the water out of your ear while swimming?

    ReplyDelete