Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting Off On the Right Foot

I don't often make New Year's resolutions. It's often a way to set myself up for failure and I hate doing that.

I don't set running goals, either. Usually I just train for whatever race I have scheduled for the year. This year I am changing things up and setting a running goal. I'm aiming for running 1000 miles this year. Since I'm training for two half marathons, one in the spring and one in the fall, I figure that will help me rack up some miles.

I wanted to start the year off right, wanted to make sure I got a run in on January 1st. 

I woke up yesterday morning and there was snow, snow and more snow. Oh the snow.

I wasn't going to let it stop me. Hubs shoveled while I stayed inside with the guys. And when he was done I got all bundled up and headed out.

Wasn't my fastest run, but it was a run. Funny, the next day my legs hurt more than usual in different spots, I think because it took a different kind of muscle strength to run in the snow.

Three miles down, 997 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment