Monday, January 13, 2014

The Good, the Bad, and the Really, Really Ugly

A round-up of my weekend. I'll start with the bad, because then we can end on a high note, right?

The Bad/Really, Really Ugly

-I bought a new scale. I wanted an electronic one that was more accurate than my current scale. I weigh ten pounds more than the other scale showed which really, really sucks. I changed my weight on My Fitness Pal and my Cardio Tracker. Instead of a loss of two pounds this week it shows I gained ten. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it can be a bit disheartening.

-Some guy driving by me yesterday yelled out "Fat ass!" as he drove by. What kind of person feels they need to make fun of another person who is clearly working out? What do you gain from that? I have a friend who is friends with a co-worker on Facebook and he posts pictures of people from his gym and MAKES FUN OF THEM. What? Why???

The Good
-I ran on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I ran 3.5 miles and on Sunday I had planned on running five miles but ended up going 5.75. It was absolutely beautiful out, at least by Michigan in January standards, so I plugged into my music and enjoyed. A lot of the snow was melting so the sidewalks were full of puddles. I did a lot of dodging puddles and stomping through snowbanks. It was fun!

At the very end of my run, as I was walking to cool down I stepped off the curb onto a bit of slush (what I thought was slush) and ended up sinking ankle deep into a puddle. Luckily, it was at the end of the run. Man that was chilly!

The giant lake puddle!


-I'm doing the Run with Jess Weekly Miles Challenge. This week I ran 11.2 miles. My goal was ten miles so I kicked that goal's butt! You should sign up!

-Target had workout gear on sale this week so I picked up some neon green long sleeve tops and a neat running jacket. It's not the best one on the market, but I like it. I ran in it yesterday and it's comfy! I approve!

Today is a rest day do I will be taking it easy. Tomorrow, I'll start back on my morning runs. I haven't hated running at night, but I miss out on time with Hubs and that's no fun. He's still sleeping in the morning when I get up for runs so I don't feel bad missing him. We're supposed to get more snow in my area Tuesday afternoon into evening. Not a ton, but just enough to mess up my commute home. Is it March yet?

Hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Why are people so dang RUDE?! I would have been super annoyed/angry/hurt by that comment and I'm sorry that you had to experience that. There are people in this world who really need to get hit in the face with the reality of their existence. You're no special than anyone else, A-hole! What a jerk.

    Great job on your runs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate people some days. I've been hollered at like that once and it really sucked. What the hell is wrong with people!!?!

    And yay for hitting your goal last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really hate people sometimes. Bullies that's what they are! But you know what, maybe in a few years karma will bite them in the butt and they will be the ones struggling to lose weight and maybe then they will realize how those words hurt.

    Excellent job on the running goal though and the find on all the stuff at Target!

    ReplyDelete