Thursday, January 16, 2014

What Would You Do For a Klondike Bar?

I am not a big sweets eater. Personally, I love me some carbs. A loaf of french bread and some fancy cheese? Don't mind if I do.

For some reason last night I was hit with a Sweet Tooth Attack. Luckily, I had prepared for this. We had a bunch of sweets hanging around from Christmas and instead of being wasteful I put them all in the basement freezer. That way we would have access to them if we had company and wanted to put out something nice for dessert. I am not a fan of the basement (I'm afraid of the dark BIG TIME) so I don't often venture down there at night.

Instead of caving and eating an entire bag of frozen chocolate chip cookies I had a bowl of Trader Joe's O's cereal with 1/2% milk. It didn't put me over on calories according to myfitnesspal and it satisfied my craving so wins all around for everyone. I win! You win! We all win!

Unfortunately, I did not run this morning. It was butt ass cold out and yesterday's snow was really yesterday's rain so I was afraid it would be more of an ice skate than a run. I don't feel bad about it exactly, but I do wish I had done something. This is when I wish we had a treadmill or an elliptical at the house. I don't want to join a gym but it would be nice to have SOMETHING around for back-up runs.

I have plans this evening and tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day. We'll see if I can get a little bit of running in.

My goal for the 5K on Saturday is a sub-40 minute 5K. I know that's not super impressive compared to most people's goals, but it is MY goal and it will be a PR for me so I'm gunning for it. We'll see if the weather cooperates.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. A sub 40 5k is in the bag! Take the rest day tomorrow and plan to warm up before your race, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your 5K this weekend! A sub-40 was my goal for the Turkey Trot I did in November, and I hit it! (Just barely too, 39:53, I think.)

    Great goal!

    ReplyDelete