Monday, February 3, 2014

Date Night...From Hell

I had packet pick-up for the race that never happened Super 5K on Saturday afternoon so Hubs and I decided to make a date night of it. When you've got kids and someone says "hey I'll baby-sit" you take them up on it, believe me!

It snowed on Saturday. It snowed big, fat, heavy flakes. It was great snowman snow, that's for sure. Of course I don't build snowmen any more, but if I did, I would've made one on Saturday.

So, it snowed all morning. The road's were passable and it was warm enough that nothing was icing over so my sister still showed up for baby-sitting duty and Hubs and I headed out. We had parked across the street so Sis could have the driveway and not have to trample through snow to get to our house. 'Cause we're nice like that. Hubs and I were standing at the end of the driveway waiting to cross when a truck roared by and splashed us with slush. Asshole.

I should have realized that was the Universe's way of telling me turn around and go back inside and stay inside.

I headed back inside, changed quickly and Hubs and I headed out. I was holding one of our Carraba's gift cards and another gift card for DSW when we first left the house. When I went in to change I left the gift cards in the house.

Another sign from the Universe.

Packet pick-up was a breeze. Dinner was great. I ate way too much bread and pasta. Carb-loading, right?

We stopped for ice cream after dinner. It took us forever to find a spot because it was snowy and crappy and slushy and for some reason this huge mall was just now plowing their lots...at five o'clock in the evening!

Yet another sign from the Universe. Damnit, Meg, listen to the Universe!

We ate our ice cream. Mine wasn't that good but I finished it.

And about ten minutes later my stomach started to protest. I won't get into the nitty gritty details, no one wants to hear that, but it sucked. It sucked hard. I was miserable for the rest of the night. Our plan to watch a movie once the boys were in bed went down the tubes...along with all of that pasta and ice cream (hahaha, I'm here 'til Thursday, try the veal).

One of my guys was sick on Friday. I'm sure this was just the same virus and not food poisoning. Not that it really matters. I am never eating Carraba's or Coldstone again!

And that is why I did not run my 5K on Sunday.

The good news (there's always a bright spot, right) is I wasn't feeling very hungry on Sunday so I managed to stay away from all of the unhealthy Super Bowl snacks. Go me! Of course, I love those snacks so that was a little sad.

Now to find another 5K for February!

No comments:

Post a Comment