Monday, February 3, 2014

February Goals

I lost my annual Super Bowl bet with Hubs. Loser has to cook dinners for a month straight (normally we alternate weeks). I picked Peyton Manning so...looks I'm cooking.

The good side of this is, if I'm cooking then I'm in control of what we have for dinner so healthy meals here we come!

Here are my February goals:

1. Run 60 miles.
  • I made it to 47.7 miles last month. This was with less miles on my training schedule and without access to a gym so I couldn't run when it was super cold out
2. Run at least four days a week.
3. Complete Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans February Challenge.
  •  I'm on Day 2 and holy crap, those side planks kick my butt! I'm gonna be rocking them out by the end of the month but for now I am a limp noodle.
4.. Log my food in My Fitness Pal EVERYDAY.
  • I logged everyday in January so I am on a roll! Some days were bad, it's tough to log in those Milky Way bars, let me tell you. But being aware of the calories I take in is half the battle. BONUS, I noticed when I started logging recipes that things I thought would be a lot worse for me actually aren't that bad. 
There you have it. What are your goals this month? Also, any good crockpot recipes?

2 comments:

  1. Nice goals! I'm hoping for 50+ miles this month (just following my training plan really), which will also include running 4x per week. I'm signed up for my first group run on Saturday, so that will be a new challenge for me.

    Thanks for being a regular commenter on my blog. I've often tried to comment on yours, but I'm usually in the car during carpool and I don't think they've been getting through from my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of goals!

    I really need to work on logging in EVERYTHING I eat on My Fitness Pal. I have been a bit out of control with my food lately. :(

    My favorite crockpot recipe is for White Chicken Chili! It's amazing.

    12.5 oz can of White Chicken,
    48oz jar of Great Northern Beans (not drained),
    24oz jar of Medium Salsa,
    8oz Pepperjack cheese.

    4 hours on low in the crock pot, stirring every hour.

    It freezes and reheats extremely well too. I have 3 or 4 servings in my freezer right now. :)

    ReplyDelete