Friday, February 28, 2014

Let's Change it Up/ March's Goals

I have a ten miler scheduled for my long run on Sunday.

Unfortunately, it's supposed to snow 2-4 inches Saturday night into Sunday morning. Well, that's not gonna fly!

So my long run will be Saturday morning instead. On the positive side it's supposed to be warm tomorrow (ha, I kid. By warm I mean a high of 32. Take that, Southerners!) which should make for some good running weather.

And I'm planning on getting up early enough that I'll get my run in before my little stinkers even wake up. Saturday is Hubs' day to sleep in so I'll need to be home in time to get them up for the day.

Please send me encouraging thoughts tonight and tomorrow morning. I sometimes have a hard time hauling myself out of bed to run, especially on the weekends when I know I can sleep in.

And now for my February Recap:

These were my February Goals:
1. Run 60 miles.
2. Run at least four days a week.
3. Complete Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans February Challenge.
4.. Log my food in My Fitness Pal EVERYDAY.


Let's see how I did:
Running:
  • Ran 50.23 Miles
  • Ran four times a week every week except this last one (it was too cold to run outside. I blame winter.
Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Challenge:
  • I made it about halfway through the challenge. In fact, I know it was halfway because it was after Valentine's Day where I said "screw you, challenge" and gave up.  
Log my food:
  • I almost made it. I had one slip-up last Saturday.
 Ok, so maybe I didn't kick February's butt when it comes to being healthy and all that. Damnit. It wasn't the BEST month for me, but it also wasn't the worst. I got out and ran. I was close to my mileage goal. And this month will be easier to hit my mileage goal because it should be warmer and I've got more miles in my training plan.

And now for March's goals:
1. Run 60 miles. 
2. Run at least four days a week.
3. Do strength training at least twice a week. 
4. Log my food into My Fitness Pal daily.

8 comments:

  1. With this winter weather, you did awesome on goals! Much better than me at least :p We're expecting 6 inches of snow and ice on Sunday. Yay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six inches?!? In March?!? I'm crying for you.

      Delete
  2. I was excited to see that it'll be in the 20's for my long run tomorrow! LOL

    Great job in February. Missing ONE day in MFP is still a win. That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying not to let the missed day get me down. Bring it on MFP streak!

      Delete
  3. Oh man! That's a heat wave! You did awesome this February, especially with the nasty nasty winter weather. Here's hoping this weather will show some mercy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!
      It's March 3rd and this morning it was -1. I am curled up in a ball in the corner crying. Even if I wasn't training outdoors this winter would still suck.

      Delete
  4. Excellent plan and don't sweat it about Feb! You still got out there and got a good bit done! I'll think about you tomorrow when I have to get out there and mow my damn grass. (I'm really not wanting to do that.. I hate that chore with a passion!) And sending you guys some ((((WARM UP)))) vibes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mow your lawn. What is this lawn you speak of? My lawn is made of piles and piles of snow.

      Delete