Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mornings

Lazy Meg vs. Running Meg
Act One, Scene One

"Ugh, so early. Shut up, alarm, I'm going back to sleep."

"If you go back to sleep you're only going to get about another half hour of sleep. Is it worth it?"

"So tired!"

"You're pretty much already up. Besides, when you shower after your run you can do something cute with your hair. Ponytails are boring!"

"It's cold out. I think it's snowing."

"It's not snowing. That's not a car driving in slush you hear, that's your husband snoring."

 "Did I mention the part about being tired?"

"If you don't run now you'll have to run tonight, after the boys are in bed. Which means it'll be late.  And you'll be tired then."

"Fine. You win. I'll get up.

End scene.

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely familiar with this scene, although lately I have been on the losing side! Yay for you and getting out of bed.

    Also, what's wrong with a pony tail!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that's me in the mornings (which is also why I rarely can get up out of bed) but I need to start that again when I start running regularly. Must get up. UGH

    ReplyDelete