Thursday, February 13, 2014

Slip Sliding Away

After nearly two months of winter running I finally bit it. And I bit it hard.

I was running last night in my usual get-up, with the added bonus of a headlamp, and somehow I didn't see the patch of ice. I landed on my toosh. And it smarted like a son of a gun.

Luckily, I was done with my run and just walking home. Luckily, the only thing really damaged was my pride. It could have been much, much worse.

Dear Winter,
 Go away. I am done with you. I would like it to be spring now. Please and thank you.
Meg

Tonight I will run on the treadmill and spare my ass more humiliation.

And I will dream of next week, when temps are supposed to reach highs in the forties. THE FORTIES! (Cue heavenly chorus)

1 comment:

  1. Ouch ouch ouch! Hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad (other than the ole pride)!

    ReplyDelete