Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Crack of Dawn

I like morning runs. It's nice to start my day with a workout under my belt.

Of course, the problem with morning runs is one has to get up early for said runs.

When it's nice out, or even when it's above freezing and the road's aren't patches of ice, I run outside. This takes less effort so I don't have to wake up as early. But, because the weather is bad and it's cold and it's slick (I'm whining!)...well, you get my point...because of that crap I have to go to the gym which takes a little longer. I've also never gone in the morning so I didn't know how busy it would be and I wanted to make sure I got a treadmill.

I was at the gym by 5:30AM. There were a handful of people there, two of them on treadmills. I set up my Netflix (Doctor Who) and ran for thirty-five minutes. When I left the gym it was still pretty empty. I had plenty of time to get ready at home and head off to work. I don't know if I'll go later tomorrow or not, I'll have to think about it. I like having the extra time at home in the mornings. At least, I like it once I've been awake for awhile.

I'm still doing the Lose the Love Handles challenge on the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans site. Side planks are hard! I took my measurements a week into the challenge so I could compare when the challenge is over. I also figure it's nice to have my measurements in general, especially when the pounds aren't coming off as quickly as I would like.

So, that's it. Nothing too exciting. There are treadmill runs and short runs and ice and snow, lather, rinse, repeat. Is it spring yet?

1 comment:

  1. Way to make yourself get that run in. I used to do my runs in the morning too, and will again once the weather is better. I prefer the outside, so after work it is!!

    ReplyDelete