Friday, February 21, 2014

Well, Thanks, Mother Nature

I didn't get up early for my run yesterday morning. My reasoning was I could just run in the evening after the boys were in bed.

First, it snowed about an inch in the morning. And then it rained and turned that inch of snow into an inch of slush. And then it rained some more.

I headed out on my run all set for rain. Mother Nature did not disappoint. It rained. A lot.

I was fine with the rain. Well, fine except for my soaked feet. Because all of the snow and that slush wasn't going anywhere. Even the streets were full of puddles. There was really no safe spot to run. At least the street wasn't icy. That's what I kept telling myself. No ice. No ice. No ice. It's a good mantra.

I said, screw it, and ran on. Ran through puddles of slush and puddles of water. I kept the run to just over two miles because I didn't want to get an blisters on my wet toes. Wet socks + running = blisters.

All in all it wasn't a bad run. It was sloppy, that's for sure.

The picture doesn't do the slop justice. It was about an inch deep. So lovely.
The sun is out today so hopefully some of this crap will go away.

Happy Friday! And for anyone running the Princess Half this weekend be safe and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you feel hardcore for finishing that run?!

    ReplyDelete