Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday, I'm in Love

Even with a slightly jacked up schedule (long run last Saturday instead of Sunday, Hubs leaving extra early for work) I will have managed to get four runs in this week. Quick Kevin Bacon a la Footloose victory dance!

My friend is running her first 5K tomorrow and I am going to be there with her every step of the way. This race allows for strollers as long as you start at the back of the pack. Well, since I always start at the back of the pack this won't change anything. It's supposed to be in the 30's so I'll bundle the boys up and take them with me. They love people watching and noise so that should distract them from being strapped in for an extended period of time.

Unfortunately, my friend is very, very sedentary so this run is going to be a challenge for her. My goal is to get her running at a very small intervals. The good thing about a 5K is really as long as you are somewhat in shape you can walk 3.1 miles. And since this is obviously a family friendly event (you can even bring dogs!) we'll be OK. I just don't want her to get burnt out and feel like she can't do another one. Any tips for her?

And Sunday is a nice and easy four miler. I'm really looking forward to that one since I've had to do speed workouts and short runs this past week because of Hubs' schedule. It'll be nice to run for longer than 25 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the 5K! Way to help your friend out! It's always so much better with extra support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today and to your friend as well! Small chunks of running is an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete