Monday, March 31, 2014

March Monthly Recap: In Like a Miserable, Frozen Lion, Out Like a Lamb

Happy Last Day of March!

It didn't start feeling like March until about a week ago. At this rate it should be summertime by August.

I kid. Sorta.

 I had a nice five mile run yesterday.
Look at that sunshine! And the unzipped jacket! And the non-winter hat!
 I called that run my "Test Out My Outfit to Make Sure it Works for the Half Marathon" run. I wore compression capris under a running skirt and a tech t-shirt under my running jacket. Since it's only supposed to be in the high 40's on Sunday (and that's the high. The race starts at 7AM so you know it won't be that warm then) I figured I'd need my jacket. Plus, I love having pockets. I'll need to get used to running with a belt or something else come summertime.
Mud spattered legs. And yep, my socks don't match. At least they're the same brand!
The outfit worked out really well and I'm feeling pumped for next Sunday!

As for my goals this past month, this is what they were:

March's goals:
1. Run 60 miles. 
2. Run at least four days a week.
3. Do strength training at least twice a week. 
4. Log my food into My Fitness Pal daily.

And this is how I did:

I ran 68.93 miles.

I ran four days a week all month except for one week. And even on that week I ran THREE days so it's not like I was laying about doing nothing.

I did strength training twice a week except for one week. The same week I skipped a run. Must've been a busy week for me.

And I sure as heck used MFP daily. Even when I didn't want to. (Damn you, Cadbury Mini Eggs!)

I kicked March's butt!

I am really enjoying setting monthly goals and then being able to look back on them and see how I did. I started this blog so I could keep track of my training and weight loss and to hopefully meet like-minded people. I have been able to do both of those and for that I am supremely lucky and thankful!

And now for April's goals:
1. Run 60 miles.
2. Complete two half-marathons (we'll see how I feel after Sunday's run).
3. Strength train twice a week.
4. Celebrate my birthday and Easter without going overboard in calories!
5. Lose five pounds.

Alright, April...let's see what you got!

6 comments:

  1. You are a goal-accomplishing fiend - awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked your March goals! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooo! Great job crushing your goals! It feels awesome to be able to tick them all off like that doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two half marathons in April? You're a machine! I haven't set a weight loss goal for April (haven't really set a mini weight loss goal ever, actually). Maybe I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had a great March. :) Awesome job and good luck with your April goals. I'm sure you'll do amazing!!

    ReplyDelete