Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Now That's Better/Weigh-In Wednesday

I went for a run this morning.

I'm in a better mood.

The End.

Not really the end. Of course you all want to know ALL about the ins and out of my life for the last twenty-four hours, right? It's riveting stuff, folks!

First, I finally lost weight on MFP. My word, it seems like it's taken forever.  In case you are new to this saga, you can catch up here. Yup, new scales are evil. After what seems like months but is really only weeks, I have finally caught up to my original weight and now MFP shows a lovely one pound weight loss. Yes! Fist bumps all around!

I'm joining Weigh-In Wednesday now that I can OFFICIALLY track my weight loss on MFP. It also helps me with accountability so yay for that!

You know, if I was still using my other scale I would be under 200 pounds right now. Sigh. I guess accurate is better.

I'm getting there! Steps in the right direction!

I grumbled my way through a run this morning. I know it seems like all I do is bitch about the weather but seriously, people, I should not be dodging ice patches or running on snow in March. I don't live in Norway or Alaska. It should be warm out, damnit!

Because Hubs had to leave early I had to book it for the last half of my run. So I did some speed work, which was good. Gotta change things up, right? I'll get my timing down better tomorrow. I was moving a little slower than normal just getting out the door because I stayed up too late. Tonight will be better!

And I didn't even bite his head off when he didn't leave at his expected 6:30 but instead at 6:35. I could have added a little more mileage to my run if I knew I had a five minute cushion. I may have stewed about that internally but I didn't say it aloud so brownie points for me!

Happy hump day!

5 comments:

  1. I am so tired of this winter. I even broke down and used the treadmill last night because it's kind of nice to be able to feel my face at the end of a run. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting it in and don't sweat those missed 5 minutes. Sorry about the weather woes too. Hopefully you guys will start warming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss! I had a similar experience after getting my new scale too. It wasn't extreme, but it was maddening to see some of the numbers I had already crossed off come back again when I was actually gaining. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! I love the winter but I am over it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would seriously kill someone if I had to switch scales. Every scale is so different it plays mind games with you. And congrats on getting out the door for a run despite the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete