Monday, March 24, 2014

Marathon Mondays/S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

Let's get this out of the way.

I did not run my planned fourteen miles this week. I was able to get ten miles in, so I am thankful for that. But I am also disappointed in myself for not making the time to get the extra mileage in. Sunday was Hubs' birthday so he got to sleep in. Plus, I had to grocery shop before I could go for a run. When I finally got out for a run the timing was such that I had, at most, two and a half hours to run. Not enough time for me to get a fourteen mile run in, that's for sure.

As soon as I left my house and started running I realized I was running straight into a cold wind. The cold ripped through my layers and stabbed at my arms and legs like a beast. I briefly entertained the idea of turning around and going back inside. Instead, I altered my route and stuck to the more sheltered subdivisions.

Two hours and thirteen minutes later...
I'm not mad at my pace or my splits (except mile three there, no idea what happened). And when I finished this run I knew I had more in me which makes me happy.

Tapering starts next week. I'll do my usual weekday runs and then on Sunday the plan is for a five mile run.

And then the next week is half marathon time. Eek!

All in all we had a good weekend. Saturday Hubs had to work so my sister and I took the boys to the mall so they could play on the Germ Gym play structure. They had a blast and tired themselves out.

We had Hubs' parents over Saturday night to watch the Guys so we could go out with my sister and her husband. It was a lovely double date/birthday celebration. I have realized something when it comes to eating. We went to a somewhat fancy place that uses lots of local ingredients. I had a mushroom risotto that was fantastic. And because it was so good and rich, I could only eat part of it. I enjoyed each bite instead of just shoveling it in my mouth. Being aware of what I eat and just enjoying the moment makes for a much more satisfying meal!

Then on Sunday we met Hubs' parents at Carraba's for his actual birthday dinner. This was after my ten miler. For some reason my stomach was a little upset so I wasn't really into the meal. I got spaghetti and meatballs so I could share with the boys and I ate, maybe a quarter of it. I did enjoy their minestrone soup. Honestly, last time Hubs and I went to Carraba's I ended up throwing up so I think the link was still there in my mind which made everything taste kinda ick.

I did save some room for birthday cheesecake!

I'm joining Jess' Marathon Monday link-up. If you're training for anything feel free to hop on over there and add your link!


13 comments:

  1. Great job on the 10 miler!! It's OK you couldn't fit in your 14 miles, because you DID get out and run, and that's what is important.

    Your splits look very similar to mine from this weekend! See, we SHOULD run together sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to find one in Lansing for sure! What kind of distance?

      Delete
  2. Nicely done on both your runs! You are going to rock the freaking half in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to see how you do since your splits are similar to mine!

    And happy birthday to the hubs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I'm more excited than nervous right now but that could change.

      Delete
  3. WoooO! Go you for sticking it out even with the wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! ugh, wind is evil! Doesn't Mother Nature know I am training?!?

      Delete
  4. It is usually pretty cold and windy here on my weekend runs and I hate it! Way to go for sticking it out! I am so excited your half is soon!!!!

    Thanks for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really excited and nervous for the half!

      Delete
  5. So excited to hear about your race!

    ReplyDelete