Thursday, March 13, 2014

She Works Hard for Her Money

Oh man,  I had such an excellent time on my day off. It was just the boys and I, which is pretty rare since the Hubs is usually home on weekends. We hung out all day. They didn't wear pants for a large chunk of the day. There is just something about a toddler in just a diaper and shirt that makes my heart grow three sizes. Ouch, the cuteness hurts so much!

I managed to shovel snow while they napped so I burned some calories. And some of that snow was HEAVY since the snow came after it had rained here for a few hours. I wasn't a complete shlub all day. Although, I admit, I didn't change out of my pajamas (sweat pants and a t-shirt).

The cold stuck around today, too so I didn't go for my run. It's supposed to be forty tomorrow so I'll run in the morning. Yep, you read that correctly, eight inches of snow on Wednesday, below freezing temps on Thursday and a high of forty on Friday. Michigan, you confuse me.

Supposedly, the cold pocket came down from Canada so I will blame this on them. Blame Canada! (Anyone get my reference?)

Unfortunately, being home alone meant I was a little too snacky. The good news is, there is pretty much crap for junk food in my house thanks to my new eating habits. So, while I did snack, it wasn't on total crap. I nibbled on some cereal and some Trader Joe's apple straws. Thank goodness Hubs isn't into junk food or I would have had problems.

All is not lost, right?

10 comments:

  1. I get the reference!

    And we've had crazy weather too. Freezing rain yesterday and a high of 60 today....weird....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather is just nuts! At least it's not just Michigan.

      Delete
  2. The weather has been nuts this week! We didn't get as much snow as you, I don't think, but when I got up on Tuesday morning I nearly cried. It was blowing like crazy, the drive-way was all snow, my car was covered in not only an inch or two of snow, but with a layer of ICE under it!

    By 4pm, the roads were clear and the sun was shining! WTH???

    I've been really snacky the last couple days too. I need to get my eating under control, like NOW. Way to go snacking on your healthy options. I may, or may not (I totally did) have stopped at the store and bought a piece of carrot cake to have for lunch yesterday. Oops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum carrot cake! Stopping for one piece is better than getting a whole cake and eating it over one night!
      Clear roads?!?! LUCKY!

      Delete
  3. The weather has been down right errr... here in Ohio. It was 70 degrees Tuesday and snowed Wednesday and is now 23 degrees. I love the snow and cold but I am over it!

    Good job on eating Healthy snacks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you. I am DONE with winter!

      Delete
  4. We're having the same crazy weather here. 50's on Tuesday, 18 inches of snow and blizzard conditions wednesday, freezing cold thursday, 50's friday. Yeah. I have no idea. But I'm not going to complain about the warmth! Hope you get a chance to get outside when it gets nice this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EIGHTEEN INCHES OF SNOW?!?! I bow down to you. You win. Holy crap.

      Delete
  5. I get the reference :)

    Ahh hope your run goes smoothly for you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I decided to wait until after work when it's supposed to be even warmer and run with the guys.

      Delete