Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday: She's a Little Runaway

Alright, let's start with the nitty gritty. Back to linking up with Ash for Weigh-in Wednesday.
 
I didn't do Weigh In Wednesday last week because I knew I would be up due to nature. Thank you nature...you suck.

I weighed myself on Sunday and I was down .8 pounds.  And today I weighed myself for Weigh In Wednesdays and BAM down TWO POUNDS. So that's a 2.8 pound loss in two weeks. I will take it, thankyouverymuch.

Here's the part where I have to take deep breaths and trust my body. I am not seriously restricting myself on anything I eat aside from no pop/soda/whatever you call it in your region. I track everything I eat. I have the occasional treat of ice cream or a fried food that sounds delicious and I log it. I've noticed that a lot of times things I think should be TERRIBLE for me aren't even that high in calories. If I restricted what I ate even more would I lose weight faster? Absolutely! I also know, for a fact (as it happened before) if I do that then I will also be more likely to gain it back. So, I trust you, Body.

I'm not going to lie, it also helps that we have pretty much ZERO junk food in our house. The Guys eats healthier snacks from Trader Joe's and Hubs isn't much of a snacker. Simply not having the stuff around makes my life that much easier.

As for my run today, whew that one was awesome. It was ABOVE FREEZING so I went out without gloves, with just a headband to hold my hair out of my face and cover my ears if necessary and I ONLY WORE ONE PAIR OF PANTS.

Hallelujah. Hallelujah.

It was a great run. I changed my route up a bit and ran along a busier road, on the sidewalk. It was well lit so I could keep up a steadier pace without dodging pot holes. And I was getting near my house and saw I was at 3.8 miles so said, "Let's do this!" and ran the extra .2 miles to make my run an even four.

You know what makes me feel bad ass? Running four miles before work.


15 comments:

  1. Great job on the 2lb loss and the extra .2 to boost your run!! Found your blog on weigh in Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo on the weight loss! Well done! I've learned with myself to aim for the calories that My Fitness Pal says to eat for a 1.5 lbs/week weight loss. A lot of times it will end in 2 lbs of loss, but I can't restrict myself with food and calories more than that. It just doesn't work. I end up falling off the wagon and ending exactly where I started.

    And yay for above freezing weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I had it set to two pounds/week. Could explain why I get mad at it when it tells me I'm over on my calories, but they're all good and needed calories. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done!! Great weight loss and RUN!

    I know what you mean about feeling badass when you get in an awesome run before work. It's a great feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Des! Felt like a darn good run!

      Delete
  5. Way to go! Yes, no junk food in the house def makes things easier for me too!

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I was laughing so hard reading this! ONE PAIR OF PANTS! Who knew this winter would make everyone celebrate one pair of pants..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This winter has been long and endless. One pair of pants was a joy! Just wait to see how much I celebrate when I can wear capris!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Officially, it's spring. However, there were flurries this morning because Mother Nature is mean.

      Delete
  8. I want to feel badass! Great job getting 4 miles in before work :)
    Great loss too - I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete