Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday/The Cold Doesn't Bother Me Anyway

I thought I was done running in the snow.
It's not much snow, but it is still snow. At the end of March.
I was wrong.

You know what? When one loses a filling said tooth can be a little sensitive to cold. When one is running in the cold sometimes those cold breaths in hit the tooth with the missing filling just right and BAM it's like a zing of white hot pain shooting down one's jaw. Fun times.

I have a dentist appointment today. And since I love the dentist about as much as I love running barefoot in the snow (translation: I hate going to the dentist) I am a teeny bit stressed out about this. Stupid filling. Stupid cold. Stupid dentist. Ugh, I get a pit in my stomach just thinking about it. I don't have very good teeth, mostly due to genetics. I don't ever get to go and get good news. Nope, it's always "root canal" or "extraction" or "here let me just stab at your mouth with pointy objects until you bleed". Ok, maybe not the last part.

Stop obsessing over the dentist, Meg. Let it go...let it GOOOOO-OOOOO! (I'm channeling my inner Idina Menzel. You're welcome)

It's Weigh-in Wednesday oh crap woo hoo. Once again, I am linking up with Heather and Ash.

This week I lost a total of .2 pounds. I know why. I know I made poor food choices. I cannot eat McDonalds twice in the past week and not expect it to affect me. I also have to watch my evening snacking. I am aware of why I only lost .2 pounds. Being aware of it is half the battle, right?

It's a loss. I will focus on that. A loss is better than a gain.

24 comments:

  1. I hate going to the dentist so much that I haven't been in 5 years oopsies! And a loss is so much better than a gain! Evening snacking is my weakness too ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yep, hate the dentist. And it's dumb because rationally, I'm sure you know this as much as I do, if I went to the dentist more I could avoid these situations.

      Delete
  2. Girl...back away from the McDonalds! :) Great job on your loss--I would love to get to a point where I can run outside when it's cold and snowy--I'm just too chicken and afraid I'll slip and fall on the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those golden arches are my weakness. And they aren't even that good!

      Delete
  3. Ahh hope the dentist isn't as bad as you are fearing! And .2 is better than a gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, a loss is better than a gain! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I hate the dentist too. I never get good news either. Good luck! I'm right there with you on the 'any loss is better than a gain'. You're going in the right direction!

    Also, I'm currently watching FROZEN, so I love the references. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to meet someone who is all "I love the dentist!" Sheesh. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. At least you lost and you know why you only lost that much.... I love FROZEN :)

    I like going to the dentist. It took a few years, but I finally found a hygienist that I like.

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding a dentist you like is half the battle!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Yuck. I hate the dentist as well.

    Yay for the loss, no matter how small!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, boo to the dentist. I should take a survey. I'm sure there are plenty of people like us!
      Thanks! I'll take even a small loss over a gain!

      Delete
  7. I haven't been to the dentist in a hot minute either. Yowza I bet your tooth is crazy painful. Good luck at the dentist. And no more McDonalds missy! ;) Have a great week.

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will resist those golden arches!

      Delete
  8. I HATE the dentist. Getting needles in my gums is the least fun thing ever.

    And a loss is a loss. .2 loss is better than a .2 gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I've given birth and I still think dental pain is the worst!

      Delete
  9. It's awesome that you recognized your mistake! I think that blogging about the weight loss journey is really good for self reflection because summarizing your week makes you see the little things before they turn into big things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's such an awesome point! Being able to correct a mistake NOW is better than not seeing it for months.

      Delete
  10. Over from the link up! Despite some fast food over the week, you still loss, so you must be doing something right! Great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A loss is a loss is a loss. Celebrate it! I also hate the dentist, I can't think of anyone I know who actually likes the dentist... Hopefully this will be the very last post that includes the word "snow" in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed winter is finally done!

      Delete
  12. A loss is a loss! In the right direction! :) Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete