Friday, March 21, 2014

With a Rebel Yell

I didn't end up running yesterday, not in the morning or evening. This is why I run in the mornings, people. If I wait until evenings, until after the boys are in bed, it's already eight o'clock. And let's face it, it's pretty unlikely mama's going for a run at eight o'clock. It does help that it's still somewhat light out. Maybe tonight.

I did do a strength workout last night. Yeah sexy muscled arms!

I did my strength workout while watching Radio Rebel on the Disney Channel. Yep, I watch made for t.v. Disney Channel movies. I'm not ashamed.

Except, maybe I'm getting a tad too old for Disney Channel movies. I found myself scoffing at certain plot points and yelling at the t.v. "It's not a school event, why is the principal even there?!?"

It did distract me.

My arms are a little rubbery today. I feel like Chandler Bing. "Joey, be a pal. Lift up my hand and smack her with it."

It's all good. I'm excited for my super long run on Sunday. For some reason the weather gods are screwing with me. Weather has been decent all week and on Sunday it's supposed to be a high of thirty-two. Forties all week long and thirties on the day of my long run. Sigh. It's not a Two Pair of Pants kind of day, but it'll be close.

My route is planned to loop out and back to my house, then out to my sister's house and back. Plenty of water and potty stops for me!

On top of all of the Hubs' birthday is on Sunday. We're going out with my sis and brother in law Saturday night, then out with his parents and the boys on Sunday. He's not into celebrating (what?!?!) but I'm kinda making him.

How about you? Anything fun planned for the weekend?


3 comments:

  1. It's so hard to get out for a run after your day is basically done. I'm looking forward to starting my before work runs again this Spring. I'm sick of working, running, going home and having dinner at 7, only to be ready for bed by 9. It's annoying!

    Good luck this weekend! (You're doing 14, right?) I'm doing 10.5 on Saturday and it's supposed to be low 30's (feels like low 20's).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on the evening workouts. I'm working on my motivation to join in on the A.M. runs. I think it'll be easier once it starts being light out earlier.

    I've got my long run this weekend too. I'm aiming for 10 (*gulp*) miles. Trying not to think of that entire distance too much.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I struggle if I wait and put things off myself. I can usually get my behind in gear and go immediately after work, but if I sit down or do anything else but get my gym clothes on, nope, not gonna happen.

    Good luck this weekend and hope you have a fun time at hubby's bday celebration!

    We had a very low-key weekend and it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete