Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Doctor, Doctor Give Me the News

I had a physical yesterday. It's my first physical in a long, long time. Although, my pregnancy was considered high risk so I was pretty much monitored non-stop from 30 weeks on. Not a physical, but still checked out, you know?

I had my physical. Doc asked if I had any specific concerns I would like to address and I said, "I am a runner. I like to run half marathons. I don't want to die at the finish line." To which he said, "That makes sense." So he listened to my heart and I had an EKG and all if fine there. As long as I don't have any sudden pain or breathing issues or swelling I should be fine. Basically, he told me to listen to my body and gave me the all clear to run away.

Yay!

I also have borderline high cholesterol which I find interesting since I don't eat red meat, nor do I eat a ton of dairy. I did a quick search and figured I'd add some oatmeal back into my diet, I have been slacking. And maybe some of the other recommended foods like more citrus fruits and apples. Ooh and more beans. Hubs is going to LOVE that. ;)

All in all I am well. Which I like to hear.

Oh, and the scale at the doctor's office matches mine exactly. I'm not happy about the weight, but at least I wasn't slapped in the face by it, you know? Sometimes doctor's office scales can be EVIL!

And today I did not run. We aren't getting hit by the storms like most of the Midwest (if you are affected by them, believe me you are in my thoughts!) but it's raining here. I will run in the rain for a race because I hate to waste money, but not for training. Thinking about a Jillian Michaels workout tonight. Or maybe a run if it stops raining for a bit.

7 comments:

  1. Glad all is well about the physical. Did you mention about the leg issue? Stay safe during those storms if you get hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. He figured it was a muscle issue and recommended rest if it flared up again.

      Delete
  2. Stay safe. Glad to know you're all well.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's an awesome idea, having the doc check your heart and everything. I'm going to bring it up at my next physical! Glad to hear you got a clean bill of health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, do it. The other thing was, I'm overweight and not happy with the number on the scale. I absolutely HATE getting talked down to by doctor's about my weight. I figured by approaching the running first I was letting him know that I am aware of my weight and wanted an all clear for running. It worked out perfectly!

      Delete