Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Don't You Forget About Me/Weigh-In Wednesday

As I mentioned before I'm doing a DietBet with Ash and Heather that coincides with WIW. I had to weigh myself on Sunday, which is not my usual day, and I was up quite a few pounds more than normal. I don't know if it was all the carbs from the weekend partying or what, but it sucked.

Thank goodness today's weigh-in was slightly more reasonable. I'm resetting my weigh-in chart to go with the Diet Bet so according to that I am down 2.4 pounds. I'm not celebrating this as a huge loss, since I'm still up from my lowest. It IS a loss on DietBet so I'll take it.

I was up in the middle of the night with a teething toddler so I didn't run this morning. Excuses, excuses. Does anyone else find it hard to get back into the training routine when one doesn't have a race planned? I mean, I've got a 5K set up for next Saturday, but other than that, not much on the books. Hard to put in miles when there's no ultimate goal.

Plus, I've had this niggling pain in my upper left leg. According to the Internet my leg needs to be amputated or I have a stress fracture or I pulled a muscle DEAR GOD STOP READING THE INTERNET! It seems silly for me to go to a doctor about something that isn't REALLY bothering me. More of a dull ache than a sharp pain. I can walk just fine. And after running for a bit it usually goes away. Anyone else experience the same mystery pain? It feels deeper than a muscle, if that makes any sense.

I did check out some videos on Fitness Blender last night. Thanks to Meg for the suggestion! Of course I just checked them out, I didn't actually do any of the videos. Is it weird that I like to watch a workout video before I actually do the video? I like to have an idea of what to expect. My left knee has always been slightly jacked up so I have to make sure the video I plan on doing doesn't have a ton of squats. Squats kill me.

I am all over the place, sorry. My mind is slightly foggy. Here's hoping the Guys let Mama sleep tonight!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck in your DietBet!

    I agree with you. When I am not training for a specific race, it's hard to get the miles in. I do much better with a plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning always helps. I'm going to sign up for a half in August so that will get my butt in gear!

      Delete
  2. Get some rest girl, that sounds like the most important thing today! And even though you didn't necessarily have a great loss last week, it's the start of a new week and you can totally start fresh for the 7 days ahead! I have no advice for your leg pain except to stop reading about it on the internet :) Haha, I always convince myself of the worst when I Google my symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      You're right, Google is evil!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on that dietbet!

    Yea never ever google symptoms! Nothing on earth will scare the crap out of you more than that! Rest up and listen to your body. If it doesn't go away, maybe check in with your doc at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the dietbet!

    Never Google anything! I have patients come to me all the time saying "I had this symptiom and Google said I might be dying" ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I take anything I read on Google with a grain of salt because yep, it's usually the worst thing possible. I can't imagine actually going to my doctor and saying "I think I have this because of Google!"

      Delete
  5. Google sucks when there's some health related issues, it drives me nuts and I seem to have all the wrong symptoms at times lol!! All the best with your Diet Bet!
    Sheetal
    http://itsnotafaddiet.blogspot.ca/2014/04/ramblings.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Google absolutely does suck! And you're right, all the wrong symptoms is so true!

      Delete
  6. I am worried I might have a teething toddler right now too - his sleep has been off and he is extra whiny lately...
    Not a bad excuse to not run - it is exhausting when you interrupt your sleep to get up with your baby.

    ReplyDelete