Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Gotta Keep One Jump Ahead of the Breadline/Weigh-In Wednesday

WIW. What fun!

I am up a pound. Apparently one cannot eat ALL OF THE FOOD even though one just ran a half marathon. Who knew?

I had two chili dogs, a bowl of pasta and some Thin Mints on Sunday...for lunch. I ended up eating two English Muffin pizzas for dinner. Lots and lots of sodium and not so good stuff.

Dust off, girly, you'll hit Onederland soon enough.

I had my first post half marathon run this morning. My feet and upper left thigh have bothered me a bit since my run so I was worried I had injured myself somehow. When my alarm went off this morning I had my usual internal debate. I eventually talked myself into two miles. I could run two miles at whatever pace I wanted and that would be just fine.

I ended up running three miles.

That's the thing, the big secret that everyone shares with everyone else but none of us want to believe. The hardest part of any run, of any workout, of any sort of super healthy activity is getting off your butt or out of your bed and just doing the damn thing already. Once you're moving, once the first mile has passed, or the first twenty squats you start to think, "Hey, this isn't bad."

I'm going to pass on the half marathon at the end of this month. There's a 5K at the same event so I will do that instead. I have high hopes to PR my 5K. Plus, it's half the price of the half marathon. Can't beat that.

My plan is to run the 5K while my boys hang out with my mom (she lives within walking distance of the start and finish) and then hang out with her afterwards.

I've got my eye and my wallet set on a few races over the summer. We'll see how they pan out.

Oh yeah, and I'm volunteering at my first race on Saturday, the Martian Marathon in Dearborn, MI. I'm a Course Marshal so if you're running it maybe I'll see you down there! We can high five!




11 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm always impressed when people run so far! Good job!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with the 'have to get out of bed to start' being the hardest part!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true. If only it were easier!

      Delete
  3. Great job getting back out for your first post half marathon run! Do NOT Worry about a small gain this week. You needed to refuel after your race. It'll be gone next week, I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for volunteering at runs! I do that also. The color runs and mud runs are a blast to be a part of! Many mud runs have waves throughout the day, so after your volunteer shift, you can race for free. That helps save me money.

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try volunteering at a mud run. That would be a blast!

      Delete
  6. Oh volunteering! That should be fun! Sorry about the gain, but seriously you get hangry after you run sometimes! Don't sweat that! You'll be back down again soon!

    ReplyDelete