Wednesday, April 23, 2014

He Rocks in the Treetops All Day Long/Weigh In Wednesday

So this has been a miserable week. I've been dealing with TWO sick toddlers for the past two days. Two sick toddlers with two ear infections (one each) that were diagnosed yesterday. My poor guys. On top of that I went to the dentist this morning to get my root canal finished and guess what? The root is still infected so I got all numbed up, got my temporary filling filed out, felt some serious pain because the Novocaine wasn't cutting it and then was told to come back next week after a week of antibiotics.

I could punch someone right now. Mostly, my dentist but I'll take anyone who deserves it. Someone in your life who needs a pop to the face? Send them my way!

I tried to resist running. I was good and focused on my walking and resting my leg all weekend long. This past weekend was the first weekend since January where I didn't run further than four miles. Crazy, right?

I couldn't wait any longer so I went for a run this morning.

Check out my splits:




I took plenty of time to warm up. I walked a half a mile at a nice slow pace to get my leg used to moving. Then I started running at a nice and slow pace to get the leg moving. Then when my leg was comfortable I ran at a normal pace. It felt good. I felt a little tired and wobbly, like a newbie runner, but all in all I felt good. I'll run again tomorrow and see how the leg feels for my 5K on Saturday. I had hopes for a PR on this but with the injury sideline I'll settle for a happy race.

Weighed in this morning, up 1.4 pounds. Not being able to run + stress eating has seriously depleted my weight loss mojo. But, I'm back on the wagon this week and looking forward to moving again! It's easier to avoid crappy food when I'm running. You know how that goes.

Happy Hump Day!

14 comments:

  1. Way to go being back on the wagon, but so sorry hearing about your morning!!! Ahh there are a few "punch in the face" people that I'd love to send your way...argh..hope the kiddos get better soon and you get that root canal taken care of!! Good job with the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I like that I've started a club! Send them my way!

      Delete
  2. I need someone popped in the face. Can I please send them to you? That would be great :)

    And boo about the tooth. Happy that your leg behaved while running though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you imagine? Some random stranger pops you in the face and says "That was for Meg!" hahahha
      Thanks, I'm glad the leg behaved, as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I hate the dentist!!! I would rather have all of my major organs removed than have dental work done!!! Hope your babies are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I start to tense up at the thought of the dentist. I HATE it. The worst for me is the flipping novacaine. Ugh, no thanks. And I get to go through it ALL again next week. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry the Guys are sick. :(

    Nice work on your first run back, and good luck with your next one. I hope you feel good enough for your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're really cute, even with crabbiness and runny noses. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Ooooh I have an ex husband that I would HAPPILY send your way if only I could! Ouch all around with the dental work and the stick little ones. Hope all of you are on the mend asap. Great job on that run, but don't hurt yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ex-husband punches are free of charge!
      Thanks, Des!

      Delete
  6. Sick kiddo's are the worst :( Add that root canal mishap on top of that, and I'm not surprised you needed that run! I hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, they sure are. Thankfully they are feeling better! It was a rough week!

      Delete
  7. I like seeing my last few miles are faster than my first ones - I feel like I started to push myself.

    Great job getting out there - hope the boys are feeling better! We went through the ear and sinus infection with 1 toddler and I could not imagine having 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash! negative splits are the best.

      Delete