Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I've Got Friends in Low Places/Weigh-In Wednesday

I would like to rename April the Month of Meg Getting Dental Work All the Frickin' Time.

Hubs and I had dual cleanings this morning which worked out great. My mom came over to watch the boys early and away we went.

Now, Hubs has not been to the dentist in well over ten years. He does not floss. At all. I was last at the dentist three years ago. I floss, not daily, but at least a few times a week.

At the end of our appointments he ended up with ZERO cavities, while I ended up with TWO, plus a wisdom tooth extraction set for a future date since I'll have to go to an oral surgeon.

And that my friends, is Just. Not. Fair.

I'm feeling low right now. I've been feeling low since my first initial dental appointment that ended up with my getting a root canal. Dental pain sucks. Being told you have cavities sucks. Knowing you're going to be paying a shit ton of money to get said cavities filled and teeth removed SUCKS EVEN MORE.

I had planned on heading to New York for a long weekend to visit my best friend, but that trip will have to be delayed. Spending vacation money on teeth blows. Being a grown-up sucks!

With all that, with me being in a low place, it is absolutely no surprise to me that I gained two pounds this week. Now, mind you I normally weigh myself right after my morning run. And I didn't run this morning because of the dentist appointment. So I will weigh myself tomorrow to get an OFFICIAL result. Even then, I doubt those two pounds were just water. Shoot.

I wish I was the kind of person who could eat whatever they want and not gain a pound. I am married to that kind of person. All of my siblings (I have six of them) are those kind of people. I am surrounded by people with exceptional metabolisms! It sucks. It's not fair. Ugh, I feel like a toddler, stamping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum! Why can't I eat cheese balls or pizza or just plain old carbs and not gain weight?

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. See the above mentioned low place.

The good news is while my eating has been crap, my exercising has been spot on. I am taking it easy, just keeping my legs nice and loos for Sunday. Because I didn't run this morning I will pop the guys into their jogging stroller and take them for a quick job this evening. I'll run until they get sick of it, which is usually a half hour. Better than nothing, right?

Life is not fair. Time to put on my big girl pants, suck it up and move on.

3 comments:

  1. We all have those moments of "it's not fair", no need to apologize! I'm sorry you have to go get more dental work. Dentists are no fun :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I'm working on getting out of this funk!

      Delete
  2. You are so right, being an adult SUCKS!!! I currently have a credit card that has nothing BUT dental charges on it, and it's large and in charge. I hate paying it each month cuz it never seem to get lower and mean while I know my teeth aren't perfect and will eventually need more work. Yuck.

    Is your half this weekend (3 days away!) or next weekend?

    ReplyDelete