Friday, April 4, 2014

She Works Hard For Her Money

I have never been one to say that being a working mom is better than being a stay at home mom. I refuse to participate in the "Mommy Wars". Women need to support each other and lift each other up, not break each other down. You do you and I'll do me.

That being said, there are times like RIGHT NOW that being a working mom really, really sucks. Times where your feverish son is left in the care of Nana (who is doing a kick ass job by the way) while you go off to work. Times where you simply ache from the wishing that you could be the one to snuggle the sick away.

It's times like these that blow.

I have a lot on my mind. I have my half marathon in two days. I'm going to pick my packet up after work. I'll take pics of all the goodies so you can see my swag. I'll definitely post more pre-race stuff, maybe on Saturday. I've been getting a weird twinge at the small of my back, not just when I run but when I walk around. And for some reasons my thighs are super, super tight. And I've developed foot pain. Seriously, body, why are you breaking down on me NOW?!?


And on top of all that, there's my sick guy at home.

Just focus on getting through today. The rest will fall into place.




2 comments:

  1. As a fellow working mom, I have to agree. There are some times when it is absolutely awful not to be able to be home with them. I can't wait to see pics of all your swag! You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg. Yep, sometimes it sucks! And sometimes it's nice to be able to run an errand on my lunch without the kids. I balances out in the end.

      Delete