Friday, April 11, 2014

They Say It's Your Birthday

Happy birthday to me!

In honor of my 34th birthday I decided to run 3.4 miles this morning.
My first mile is always my roughest. Clearly, it takes me two miles to get into the zone.

Of course, somehow I messed up my route and when I was done with those recorded 3.4 miles I was too far away from the house and a little short on time so I ended up running about a half a mile more just to make it home.

Hubs surprised me with a World's Best Mom mug filled with gummi bears from the boys. My actual birthday present was my half marathon race entry so this was a pleasant treat. I hadn't had coffee yet otherwise I would've thought to take a picture for the blog. Ah well.

Tonight we're celebrating with dinner and a movie (I'll be sneaking those gummi bears in with me!). I really want to see the new Captain America film but will take pity on Hubs (who is pretty anti comic book movies) and we'll see Grand Budapest Hotel. I love Wes Anderson so it's not much a struggle for me.

And tomorrow I'm celebrating by volunteering at the Martian Marathon and then at night going to dinner and an opera with my best friend. And Sunday is a brunch with my mom and sis. It'll  be a weekend of celebrating!

Last year the boys were so young and I was tired and still somewhat brain numb so celebrating my birthday seemed like such a chore. This year I am more than making up for it.

Have a good weekend. Good luck to Hilary and anyone else who is racing this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. GAH I posted and it deleted!

    Happy Happy birthday! Sounds like a fantastic weekend and WTH about your hubby not liking comic book movies! I do want to see Grand Budapest Hotel, so you'll have to let me know how it is! (But I totes think you should make your hubby take you to see both just on principal!) :D I still need to write about Cap on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You'll have to let me know how you enjoyed Winter Soldier. I'm dying to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really, really good. First, hello Chris looking GOOD in those tight t-shirts. And the plot was very spot on with current events without being too heavy and dark. I enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    Have a fabulous celebration weekend! It looks pretty packed with lots of family and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete