Tuesday, May 20, 2014

And It's All Green! I Think I Found a Place Where I Belong

Oh hello, leaves. You look so lovely this morning!
I can't get over how green it is! I feel like the leaves just popped up overnight. I am definitely enjoying spring. I don't even mind the rain. Ok, I do mind the rain but not that much. My new mantra is "Rain is better than snow".

I went out last night. I know, on a school work night! A friend of mine is in a local production of Into the Woods and they have ten dollar tickets on Monday nights. Hey, cheap tickets, I am in! Into the Woods is not a short show. It ended just before eleven and we hung out afterwards catching up for a bit. I got home and in bed just after midnight.

Five thousand bonus points to me for hauling my ass out of bed when my alarm went off at 5:38AM this morning. Holy crap, people, I'm pretty sure I was asleep for my first mile! And yes, I did just pat myself on the back. Counting on other people to lift you up just doesn't fly with me. I am my own number one fan!

I tend to watch the weather somewhat obsessively during my work day. I have really enjoyed getting out for a walk during my lunch hour. When it rains I just walk around my building. If it looks like rain I walk around my parking lot. And if it's nice I walk around the whole business complex. Do the No Rain dance with me.

No rain. Makes me think of the Bee Girl in the Blind Melon video. Am I dating myself here talking about a music video? Am I going to date myself even more if I talk about how sad it is that there aren't music videos anymore? I'll stop myself before I get into the state of MTV these days.

Happy Tuesday! Or as I like to call it, Happy Hey-It's-Not-Monday!






8 comments:

  1. Ahh I adore that video and Blind Melon (RIP Shannon Hoon!) I miss the Glory Days of MTV! (and videos!)

    Great job getting up and getting it done this morning. That's some serious dedication there! I miss walking on my lunch breaks too. The humidity now is just too bad and will probably be until October at least. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo to the humidity. I try to remember that when we're getting slammed with snow and you've got sun and warmth. Our winters suck and your summers kinda suck.

      Delete
  2. We need rain here but I understand, I can't run outside when it rains and that makes me super frustrated. I need to take more walks on my lunch breaks, would probably help with how tight my legs get from sitting all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I try not to hate on the rain because we're luckier than some parts of the country!

      Delete
  3. Kudos to you for getting out of bed after that late of a night! Also, I love that blind melon video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those bonus points should come with some sort of gold star or something as well. Seriously, 5:30?! You are a Rockstar. I too miss the era of the music video, and the mega super special they would put on whenever some major star would put out a new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Making Of t.v. show? I loved that one! I liked N Sync (not ashamed!) so I always enjoyed the Making of whenever they had a music video come out. Our kids are going to miss out on that!

      Delete