Monday, May 12, 2014

At Last I See the Light

I set my Pandora to the Disney station for car rides with the Guys. For some reason, I never remember to switch it back while I'm out on my walks. It's fine, I love me some Disney tunes. That song from Tangled, "See the Light" is on all the time. It reminds me that I really enjoyed that movie and I love me some Chuck...or Zachary Levi if we're going by real names here.

Well, hello rambling first paragraph. Welcome to how Meg's mind is going after this weekend.

With Hubs gone, this weekend was intense. I am so beyond lucky I have a spectacular family to support me. After brunch at my sister's (thanks for hosting, sis!) on Sunday, my mom came over to my house and hung out with the Guys so I could go shopping for essentials. It's not my turn to cook this week so you can bet your ass I didn't go out of my way to get anything for dinners. Yes, I was feeling small and petty. But, I was grocery shopping on Mother's Day watching dads and partners and sons and a whole plethora of guys swing up to Trader Joe's to get flowers for mom so the bitterness was just brewing there. I got Trader Joe's sushi for my own dinner, the boys had ravioli, and was not impressed with it. I ended up making English muffin pizzas. I love English muffin pizzas. The beauty of being more aware of what I'm eating is, if it doesn't taste good it's not worth the calories for me so I just won't eat it. Before I used to just mindlessly eat so it didn't matter if it tasted kinda crappy.

My awesome mom even hung out for an extra forty-five minutes after I got back so I could go for a walk and get my daily mile in. I ended up with just over two miles. My leg has been feeling great for these miles so I'm going to attempt a run tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted.

I noticed that I am actually getting in more mileage with my daily walks than I did with my running. Funny, right? If I keep up at my current pace...and throw a run or two in there...I should be able to break sixty miles this month. Pretty awesome stuff.

And if my leg cooperates I am definitely going to sign up for August's half marathon.

Last but not least.

If you're in the Detroit area and want to go to a neat event the Detroit Tigers are having a Runners Night on June 4th. Check out the link for details. I bought two tickets already. For $28.00 you get a ticket to the game in the Upper Reserved Infield, a t-shirt and the Tigers donate part of your ticket sale to either the CRIM or Girls on the Run. Both organizations kick butt! The website never stated how to pick out t-shirt sizes so after I ordered our tickets I sent an email to the woman organizing the event. She responded within a few minutes and gave me more information. Gotta love fabulous customer service!

The best part is the t-shirt. The front has a 162.0 in a round circle, like the 13.1 and 26.2 stickers people get for their cars (baseball season consists of 162 games) and the back says "Tigers Baseball. It's a marathon, not a sprint". 

How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love Chuck (Zachary Levi, yes, but I still call him Chuck) too. And your first paragraph.

    Glad that leg is cooperating and looking forward to hearing about your run! Sorry about the lackluster Mother's Day but looks like you still had a great day thanks to your family!

    ReplyDelete