Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm Hot For Teacher

I had Hubs come down to the gym set-up and see if he could adjust the settings for the leg side of the bench. I'm a bit short and don't think I'm getting the best workout I can.

Hubs: I don't think I can change it.
Me: Ah well, it was worth a shot.
Hubs (looking at the bar): You know, that's set up for incline presses. Can you even reach the bar with the bench flat like that?
Me: Not really. I just thought it was because I was short.
Hubs: Seriously?
Me: Well, I am short.
Hubs: ...
Me: What's the point of using the incline?
Hubs: You work the upper part of your pecs and your shoulder-
Me: Sold! (Goodness knows my upper pecs need work!)

Apparently, I need to hire him as a trainer. Who knew?

I set the bench up on an incline and let me tell you guys, my arms are SORE today. Not hurt sore but worked out sore. Whew. I also added ten pounds to the bar for a total of fifty-five pounds! It's funny because adding ten pounds, five pound weights on each side, looks so pathetic. I'll take a picture of it sometime this weekend so you can see how measly that ten pounds looks on the giant bar.

It is Memorial Day Weekend. In between all the bbqs and gatherings, take a minute to mentally thank all those people who lost their lives defending our country. And if you are able to, go hug a veteran.

It is supposed to be absolutely stunningly gorgeous out this weekend. I will be spending time with my family, getting some running in and enjoying the weekend. I have a mini goal this weekend to make sure I log into My Fitness Pal everyday. I have been known to let things slide when I get caught up in my weekend activites. Not this time!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love the incline bench! I miss lifting weights so much some days. Have wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I had no idea but now that I do wowza. Seriously, all of my problem areas are sore today. Good sign that it's a good workout for me.

      Delete