Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Video Killed the Radio Star

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain pitter pattering on our roof. And while I am a big fan of running in most conditions...well, I'm a big baby when it comes to running in crappy conditions. So if I can get out of a run when it's crappy out, darnit I will. And since I'm not training for anything, just trying to lost weight, I figured I could skip the run.

And for ten minutes I tossed and turned in bed while I internally debated the merits of getting up and just working out damnit.

Healthy Meg won that battle and I was out of bed at 6:00AM. I had searched Fitness Blender a few days ago and watched some videos. Yep, I'm the person who watches the video first to see if it's even worth her time.

I found the Low Impact Cardio Video for Beginners and went with that one. My knees are a little rusty so I wanted to go easy on them. Plus, I didn't want to do anything to mess with the recovering thigh.

This was my first Fitness Blender workout. I liked the clock counting down how much time there was per move. That was my favorite part. Honestly, when Jillian Michaels does moves and then keeps saying "only a few seconds more" and then the move just keeps going and going I want to punch her in her six pack abs. Knowing exactly how much time was left was awesome! Not only does the video countdown each move, there's also a lovely bar along the side of the video that shows how much time is left in the entire workout.

Obviously, this is the only one I've done so I'm not super familiar with the site. But, I liked it and would recommend it to anyone looking for free videos.

One of the Guys, A, woke up early today. I got him up while I finished getting ready for work. It was nice to see him before I left for the day. Sometimes he can be really emotional when I leave him so I worried about that. But I kissed him good bye and left him snuggled up with Hubs who was feeding him a cereal bar and watching hockey. He barely noticed I was gone.

Between the workout video, the toddler awake early and my normal morning routine, I forgot to weigh in. Oops. Looks like tomorrow will be a Weigh-in Thursday for me.


4 comments:

  1. Never tried fitness blender before! I'll have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it. Easy workouts and lots and lots of choices!

      Delete
  2. Hmm I've not tried that before either. Great job getting up and getting it done. I missed my run yesterday morning because I didn't get up and had to suffer through doing it after work in the heat.

    ReplyDelete