Friday, May 9, 2014

Wherever We Go, Whatever We Do, We're Gonna Go Through It Together

We're in this together, right? You got my back, I got yours, right? I hope so.

Lately I've been feeling blah about working out. I'm trying to stay positive and see the days of Streaking through May just click off one by one. But, it's hard to look at Map My Run and see ZERO runs in the past week.

Not running kinda sucks, Steve.

(Have you ever seen the movie Multiplicity? There's a line in it with one of the clones and he says, "I like pizza, Steve." to Michael Keaton whose name is most definitely not Steve. My friends and I claimed it many years ago so when we're complaining about something being hard we usually add the Steve to the end of it. No idea why. I'm weird.)

Walking is fine, don't get me wrong. And if I was running, I wouldn't even be running that fast right now as I am not training for anything. That's my problem, right there.  I'm not training for anything.

Not training kinda sucks, Steve.

Hubs is gone this weekend. I put on a happy face for him since he's off on a golf trip and super excited about it. We celebrated Mother's Day last weekend but it still kinda sucks that he'll be gone on Sunday. It just sucks in general that he's gone. Wrangling the twins on my own can be rough. I have plenty of offers of extra help from my mom and sister. It's just the idea of being on my own that's much more stressful than actually BEING on my own. A lot of "what ifs" are running through my brain at all times.

Blah. Just blah.

It's Friday. Hopefully the weekend cheers me up.

Happy weekend to you! Anything fun planned?



7 comments:

  1. Aww bummer! It's supposed to rain a lot here so we may just vegetate this weekend and play some Borderlands and maybe watch some Netflix (still working on Being Human and I've been dying to watch The Guild again. Oh and Star Wars trilogy (originals..) Tennis is already canceled for tomorrow so I'll have to go the gym instead. Other than that and groceries, we are going to be very boring people this weekend. Just the way I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo to cancelled tennis! I love being boring!

      Delete
  2. "Not running kinda sucks, Steve." totally feeling you on that one. I'm hitting the same lack-of-motivation doldrums as you it seems. I'm chalking it up to Post-Race blues, and the stress of dealing with an injury. I've actually got a race (a 10 k) coming up in a little over a week, so hopefully my mojo will return before then. I hope your weekend goes well, Flying solo can be daunting. I can't wait to hear about how well it went on monday ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to our mojo coming back strong!

      Delete
  3. Do you have a plan of what your next race should be? Maybe planning the next thing you'll train for would help?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my leg is well enough I have plans for a half marathon in August, part of the Thirsty Three series that I started at the start of May. Hopefully the leg cooperates!

      Delete
  4. So sign up for a race! I always find that helps me cheer up. Maybe do a bike or swim race so it doesn't bug your leg? Or take the plunge and sign up for the half in august!

    ReplyDelete