Thursday, May 15, 2014

Whoa-oh, We're Halfway There

Halfway through the month of May and this is what Map My Run looks like:

If you don't want to click on the picture to make it bigger, essentially it is me streaking away. I feel pretty darned proud of this, not gonna lie. Here comes the horn tooting...BEEP BEEP!

I wish my horn sounded more like a semi's. HOOOOOONK. HOOOOOOONK.

I could tell it was raining when I woke up this morning. After I pulled on workout clothes I stood at my front door for a few minutes and assessed the situation. "Meg," I told myself. "You ran in an effing blizzard. A little rain isn't going to hurt you."

So I ran.

I'm glad I did because it wasn't even really raining, more of a light drizzle. I would've been ticked off at myself for letting a light drizzle keep me indoors.

Because it's been a while since I've run this steadily I have had to play mental games to keep me going during my runs. I do a lot of "Well, you're just running 1.5 miles. Run 1.5 miles away from the house and then 1.5 miles back. Two short runs." I haven't had to this much before my brief hiatus. I might start listening to some music with one ear bud while I run just to provide a distraction.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on the streak! You deserve to be proud of that, AND the return to running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Keep that streak going! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am competitive by nature so competing with myself seems to be working.

      Delete