Thursday, June 19, 2014

God Bless Mother Nature, She's a Single Woman, Too.

 While we have most certainly not been hit with weather the way some of the Midwest has been (those people are in my thoughts!) we have had our fair share of thunderstorms in our part these past few days.

 The storms showed up Tuesday evening and yesterday morning. Which meant no running for me. And again this morning when my alarm went off it was still DARK out. Which was a surefire sign of rain to me. It actually wasn't raining but ah well. I didn't get to sleep in. One sick child woke up at 6AM and the other at 6:45AM (I was already up when that guy woke up). We have been hit with the dreaded Summer Cold in my house. Hubs, me AND the Guys are all battling it in various stages.

Apparently my cure for a summer cold is to eat my weight in chicken nuggets. Not a brilliant move on my end.

I have run once this week. And the storms have prevented me from walking on my lunch so my mileage this week is a lousy 3.5 miles. I am disappointed in myself.

Instead of focusing on that I would like to take a minute and give mad props to two of my blogging friends.

Meg and Liz have both been running in this blasted heat! We are all first time summer runners so I think the heat has taken us all by surprise (I know it has for me!). Both of them are kicking butt at getting out there and getting moving! When I read their posts I wish I was close enough to A. High five them and B. Run with them because we have similar paces and I think it would be a blast! So go Meg and Liz! You ladies are awesome and I am in awe of your running dedication! WOO HOO to you!


8 comments:

  1. Ouch sorry everyone is now under the weather! Hope you all get better soon! Yea, the heat is no joke. Do you have an indoor facility somewhere near you that you can run? (We have one local park that has an indoor track, plus I can run on the track at my YMCA, still not but not nearly as stifling as it would be outside!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I have no idea if any place around here has an indoor track. I will have to find out!

      Delete
  2. Don't be disappointed in yourself....think of how awesome it is that you became a runner! Plus....life will get in the way sometimes with weather and illness and whatever. Just think long term! I ran yesterday in 90 degree heat but that's because 90 minutes earlier my doctor gave me the all clear from surgery to return to all activities. So I took him at his word and LOVED that I could run even though it was 90. But if it had been a regular run? I bet I would have hated it. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, good for you for getting cleared for running agian. And thanks for the perspective!

      Delete
  3. Boo for everyone being sick! And thanks for pointing out new bloggers. I love finding new ones to follow :)

    I feel you on bad weather = low mileage. I don't have access to a treadmill. Rain generally means no run for me unless there is no thunder/lightening. I will run in a monsoon as long as it is safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can handle rain but thunder and lightening means it's not gonna happen.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! Thanks for the shout out! *blush* I'm sorry to hear about the sickness :( I hope everyone recovers quickly, being sick in the summer is awful! Don't let the low milage get you down, I'm super impressed you got the one run in with sick kiddos AND crappy weather! One run is better than None, call it a win! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shoutout! Looks like I've gotta do another evening humid run, since we'll still be having severe thunderstorms tomorrow morning. BUT, it sill only be 73% humidity ... that's 10% lower than yesterday! :)

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete