Thursday, June 26, 2014

Put Your Mind to It Go For It, You Got to Break a Sweat

I wish there was a way to track the mileage in a game of Mama's Gonna Get You because I'm sure I run MILES playing that game. The boys love it and I love making them belly laugh and run away from me.

After toddler play time, bath time and then bed time I was sure I wouldn't have the energy in me to go for a run. But, I had talked to my mom earlier in the day and told her I was going to run the route for my upcoming 5K (yay neighborhood races!) and just before I left work she sent me an email telling me to enjoy my run.

The good news about the route is I am very familiar with it. In fact, on most of my runs I run the route in the opposite direction which is harder. This will hopefully be a fun and easy race. Funny thing, there was plenty of construction on some of the roads the route is supposed to follow. I wonder if it will be done in time or if we'll just run around it?

Here I am post run. Gotta love a blurry and sweaty selfie!
And it was still light out. At 9:15!
And here are my stats:
I actually didn't follow the route all the way to the end. I started running before I got to the starting line then followed it until I turned to head home. I didn't need to end at the finish line.

After my run I grabbed some water then headed to the basement to pump some iron.

I finally remembered to take a picture of my badass weight lifting set-up.
Yep, that is a 2.5 pound weight...plate? What is that thing called? The bar weighs forty-five pounds so it's actually pretty heavy...it just doesn't look that impressive.

And please ignore that stain on the wall. It isn't a stain, it's a patch, I think. Man, it looks like I work out in a dungeon. It's not that bad, I promise!

I pumped some iron and watched So You Think You Can Dance. There really is nothing like watching supremely fit athletes dance around in very little clothing to inspire one to keep doing those crunches.


10 comments:

  1. I love SYTYCD! It's one of the few things that I miss now that I don't have cable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I joke that we could never get rid of it because of my husband's sports watching but I would miss it too!

      Delete
  2. Great job! I'm pretty sure my weak little infant arms wouldn't even be able to lift the bar let alone put any plates on it! I really need to work on upper arm strength!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha weak little infant arms made me giggle!

      Delete
  3. Woah man! Look at those splits! II'm with Desiree, I don't think I could lift the bar, let alone put a plate on it. You are a Bad Ass Mother Runner ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I still think there will come a time when we get together for a race. We have VERY similar pacing!

      Delete
  4. Dude, that's am Olympic barbell! Those suckers are mammoth!! You're awesome!!

    And just so you know, your dungeon workout room is better than my barn one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it...dungeon and barn workout rooms are all the rage!

      Delete
  5. If you don't have gloves yet, you should look into some. Keep those hands soft! BTW, I'm jealous on the set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about gloves, I will look into some, thanks!

      And the set up is all my husband's. HE has fancier stuff that's in the garage because we don't have the height for it in the basement like a pull-up bar. Someday I'll attempt that one!

      Delete