Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Said My Get Up and Go Must've Got Up and Went

When my alarm went off this morning Hubs groaned and said, "Do you have to do this EVERY morning?"

I think what he was implying was the whole me setting my alarm early for running and then turning it off because I am too tired to run.

Funny thing was my alarm wasn't set for my usual 5:30AM attempt at running but instead for a 6:15AM attempt at doing SOMETHING physical so I could at least get moving this morning.

So I said, somewhat snarkily, "Why yes it does as I have to WORK!"

Neither of us are morning people.

I managed to get a 20 minute cardio session in. I watched some Chopped and climbed on and off the bottom step in my basement. Not the best workout ever but I was sweating and feeling the burn so it was better than not doing anything at all.

I am tired.

I don't know if it's the evening rehearsals or getting over being sick or what it is but man, I am having a helluva time just getting out bed most mornings. The idea of working out exhausts me. I don't want to workout!

Luckily, my eating hasn't gone to hell. We have had donuts at work every day this week and I have womanly resisted them every morning. We also have had catered lunch and while sometimes it's not the BEST thing out there I still make the healthiest choices I can.

It hasn't been a total loss. I am struggling, but at least I'm still fighting in the right direction.

10 comments:

  1. Something is better than nothing! (which is what I did when my alarm went off at 4:45, then 5, then all the way to 6! (I have to leave for 6:30!!) So yea, you still did good getting it done. I'll get something worked in later. Mornings just are really hard for me. Plus almost 2 hours of tennis last night wore me out! Good job staying on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOO HOO two hours of tennis. Go you!
      I know, something is better than nothing. I think I might do this more often since going for a run just seems so beyond me right now. Baby steps.

      Delete
  2. At least you did something!! Once rehearsals are done it'll get better, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that will be the case!

      Delete
  3. Every little bit helps! I know that I was feeling crazy burned out and exhausted last week and just taking off a couple of days and not stressing about it really helped. Sometimes your body really does just need a break. And your mind too. The guilt is exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the guilt is the worst part!

      Delete
  4. I still think you did awesome getting *any* workout in in the morning. I am totally not a morning person either, usually I'm the "don't talk to me until i've had my coffee" type. I'm really good at getting my morning routine paired down as much as possible so I can sleep as late as possible ^_^ Kudos to you on keeping up the healthy eating with such a packed schedule! I don't know if I could have resisted donuts every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! I told myself last night that I would get up at 6 and run ... and if I woke up any time after 5 I'd just get up anyway. Then a bunch of work-related stuff happened and I didn't get to bed until midnight ... and still made it out by 6:30! If you can get yourself out of bed, you can do it. It's the getting out of bed part that's hard.

    Nice work doing 20 minutes, though. So much better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband had a 6 week job assignment that made him have to get up at 4:30 a.m. We used that as our springboard for early morning workouts. We get up now at 4:45 a.m. so we can be finished our workout by 6ish to get ready for work. Sure makes for less excuses later in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got up and did something...that's awesome! But resisting donuts? You're my hero. :p

    ReplyDelete