Wednesday, June 11, 2014

She Did the Mash...the Monster Mash

Here is a mish-mash of stuff going on with me:

*Had another dentist appointment this morning. I like how my dentist tries to be all sneaky with the Novocaine, like "hey, pay no attention to me back here just go about your business". First, Dr. Dentist, I can see you and your gigantic needle in the reflection in the window right in front of me so you're not fooling anyone. And second, hello, you have to put your hands in my mouth. It's pretty difficult to sneak attack someone with a needle IN THEIR MOUTH and think they won't notice you.

Know what else I hate? When the Novocaine wears off and you can feel exactly where you were stabbed poked. This filling was in my front upper tooth so it kinda feels like someone popped me in the mouth.

I could go on endlessly, let me tell you. Thank you, genetics, for my crappy teeth.

*I have been a terrible runner lately. Having an excellent run Sunday evening and then not running since is a big downer. Run, Meg, just run. I have plans to run tonight and tomorrow morning so we'll see how that goes.

*The show I am in this summer has a large cast made up of about 75% of kids under the age of thirteen. During rehearsal last night the kiddos had a hard time keeping their mouths shut so the Music Director gave us all a stern talking to. I was recording the music at the time so I would have something to practice with on my own time and caught the stern talking to in all it's glory. This guy is almost ten years younger than me and even I felt uncomfortably shamed. Note to self, don't piss off the music director.

*Discussion: Who is your favorite Doctor (from the t.v. show Doctor Who) and why? Personally, I'm a huge fan of Tennant, the Tenth Doctor. Although I'll always have a soft spot for the Ninth Doctor because he was my first. I just see him showing up with Rose and saying, "Run!".

*I'm watching Star Trek: Into Darkness again and I don't know how, but sometimes I forget how damn sexy Benedict Cumberbatch is. Also, Chris Pine is pretty fine, too. There's just something so rough and tumble about Chris...man, there is some eye candy in that movie, for sure.

Although I have high hopes JJ Abrams has learned his lesson and will hopefully not post any stupid scenes of scantily clad women just because he can. That scene with I have no idea what he name is now, but she's changing and Kirk turns around and sees her in her undergarments just pissed me off. Why, JJ? Why the objectification of women?

Wow, that quickly turned into a rant instead of a comment about a movie. Sorry about that.

*And last, I forgot to post this picture with my post about Sunday's run.
The red arrow is pointing to a deer
 I do not live anywhere near the country or open fields or even a wooded area. In fact about a quarter of a mile in front of me is this picture is a flippin' interstate highway. Yet somehow there was a deer in that person's yard. I didn't want to get much closer because I didn't want to scare it in front of a passing car or towards the highway. Crazy, right?

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I do love me some Chris Pine. I did really hate that scene as well though. Like dude, how did that help your story line? Seriously?

    Now go run! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO love this post. Sorry, I've been slacking with my blog reading this week and have been a bit behind. I was like all WTF with that scene too! Glad it wasn't just me but I will overlook that just to watch smexy Cumberbatch like all the time.

    Oh and Tennant is my favorite of all time but Matt Smith is a close second. Can't wait to see Capaldi in action though. Hope he brings it! He's got big shoes to fill!

    OH, and GO RUN!!!!!!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete