Monday, June 23, 2014

Storms Will Come, This We Know For Sure

By the time the boys went down to bed on Friday there was a steady rain going. Luckily, there was no thunder or lightening so I went for it. As I was lacing up my shoes I realized I had run through SNOWSTORMS and a little rain wasn't going to make me melt.

It was a great run. I ran a little over three miles and felt strong for all three miles. Which was nice after three days of fighting to breathe through my nose.

Can't finish up an evening run without a rainy selfie, right?
Notice the water spots on my glasses. I ran out of dry shirt to dry them on

And yep, that is a neon green running top. I wasn't risking not being seen by the drivers in my neighborhood.

Hubs went to one to a party Saturday night. I had no desire to go and didn't want to get a sitter so I stayed home with the Guys. While he was gone I did a ton of crunches and sit-ups and push-ups and tricep dips while I watched three quarters of Wolverine, the newest one set in Japan. I started about thirty minutes into the movie and was still able to follow along. It was pretty good. Kept me distracted during my workout so that's good.

I have the HARDEST time watching my mindless eating when I am home alone. I'm sure it's because I have no one to answer to. Not that I have to answer to my husband when I eat, but with him around I am less likely to graze. He distracts me. Plus, he usually hogs the t.v. watches sports so I'm not sitting around in front of the t.v. I'm reading or playing solitaire on the iPad.

Sunday the boys and I went to the zoo in the morning to meet up with some friends. Then I flew back home, picked up Hubs and we all went to a grad party. The boys missed their nap, both of them just snoozed in the car on the way to the grad party, so they had a rough evening. We had plans to go to dinner for my mother-in-law's birthday but I doubt the boys would've handled that well. We ended up ordering sandwiches in and hanging out at home.

By the time the boys were asleep I was ready to crash myself. I ended up getting up at about 11 with A. who woke up crying his head off. We snuggled for about a half hour, until he fell sound asleep. He has the cutest little snore.

Of course, being up that late meant I was having none of it AT ALL when my alarm went off at 5:30AM. I talked myself out of my normal run but managed to get out of bed a little bit earlier. What's a person to do with a limited amount of time and a need to move? Go run for a mile!

I had just enough time to run a half mile away from my house and a half mile back. I pushed it but because I walked the first little bit (I always have to walk a bit when I run in the mornings) my overall pace was a bit slow. Ah well, I ran and that's all that matters.
I have my 5K for June coming up next Saturday. Hubs has to work so thankfully my mom is helping with the Guys. It's early enough that I would've had to wake them up and rush through breakfast in order to get to the race on time. The race is close enough that my mom could even walk the boys to the finish line so I could see them which would be fun. I don't know that I say this enough but I am beyond thankful for my family! Hubs and I couldn't raise these boys without them!

So that was my weekend. And my upcoming week. How was your weekend?

18 comments:

  1. I am the same with mindless eating. I don't even really think about it if my husband is there, but if I'm home alone it's a constant struggle. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about the mindless eating. The only thing that I find helps with that is tracking everything. And that means good and bad. There are a lot of times that I will stop grazing when I realize that I do not want to have to write that down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes tracking makes a difference! I thought of that when I was heading for the Oreos last night. My other option is not having it in the house AT ALL.

      Delete
  3. I had to laugh...my husband usually picks what we watch too :) We (well, more he) watched Wolverine Saturday night too. Good for you keeping active while watching TV. I guess I could be doing some crunches even with a "bum" knee...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny that you watched it, too. Hugh Jackman's muscles inspired me to do more push ups!

      Delete
  4. I tend to watch some tv and mindlessly eat after BF goes to work in the evenings.... its a tough habit to break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I think I started doing it when I quit smoking. Eating took over smoking and now I need something to replace the eating!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a really full weekend! I have the same problem when I'm home alone (with the snacking) I chalk it up to being bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boredom will do it. I have to talk myself down like, "hey, you aren't hungry. You had a great dinner and you are FULL!"

      Delete
  6. Mindless grazing is my middle name and it only gets worse around my boyfriend because he's naturally thin haha I hate it!! Good luck on your 5k!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh naturally thin people (my whole family) are the bane of my existence! ;)

      Delete
  7. My sister recommended to me to wear a visor when it rains, and that does a lot for keeping the rain out of the eyes, which I imagine that will help with rainy glasses! And it not being a full hat keeps my head cool. I love running in the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A visor is an excellent idea! Hats can be too hot for me for sure. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  8. Wooo great job getting it done in the rain! I'm not sure I'd voluntarily run if it is raining but if I get caught in the middle of a shower, then I'd just go along with it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And running in snow is harder!

      Delete
  9. Nice rainy run! I also tend to eat more crap when I'm home alone. I really need to get that under control though. Now that I'm working from home three days a week I'm home alone ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck reigning in the eating working from home! I know it would be tough for me!

      Delete