Wednesday, June 4, 2014

They Call Me On and On Across the Universe

Well, guess who slept through her alarm on National Running Day?

Yep, this lady right here!

The Universe is laughing at me. I was talking about being a mom and finding yourself outside of motherhood yesterday. And last night I end up awake at midnight with a feverish toddler. 

I was supposed to go to a baseball game for Runners Night tonight but that fever is part of an ear infection. It's bad enough I have to be at work while my kid is sick at home.I don't care about the game enough to be away from my sick guy more than I have to.

I get it, Universe. I get it. 

I'm trying to look at this as a blessing in disguise. If A didn't have an ear infection I would be at the game and if I went to the game then I definitely wouldn't run tonight. So there is that.

I will run once the boys are asleep. Unless I fall asleep first.

And because that's it, that's all I've got today, here are some pictures from Tuesday's run.

I like the reflection of the house in this one.

Yep, almost overflowing the curb.
We had a lot of rain come through Monday night. There were lakes puddles like these at quite a few intersections. Made for some interesting running.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. You aren't only a mom, but sometimes being a mom will have to come first with no guilt attached :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Hope the kiddo feels better asap and hope the other one doesn't get it!! That is a lot of rain!

    ReplyDelete