Friday, June 27, 2014

Hot Town Summer in the City

Tomorrow I will run my June race of the month. It seems like it's been ages since I've run a race. And I guess it has been since I ran my May race at the start of May. Thankfully my leg has healed since then so I should be able to run without problems. I know one shouldn't hope for a PR when it's this warm out but you never know, right?

It's supposed to be 74 degrees and sunny and 76% humidity. I imagine it'll be a bit like running in the bathroom right after someone takes a hot shower. At least it's only 3.1 miles. I'm still dreading the 13.1 miles I got myself into in August. Who runs a half marathon in August? Idiots...idiots run 13.1 miles in the middle of summer.

I need to find a July race. I can't believe I am running my SEVENTH race of the year. I have never trained for this long, shoot never stuck with any sort of workout routine this long. At least not since high school and even then I would just train for swim season DURING swim season. There was no off season training for me; I was sixteen, svelte and was in it to hang out with my friends not win Olympic gold.

With tomorrow's projected temps and humidity on the warm side I have been all over my water intake today. Gotta keep hydrated!

I think I'll run with my handheld water bottle tomorrow, too. Better to have it with me than have to worry about where the water stop is. And there is a water stop, believe me I checked.

Enjoy your pre-holiday weekend! Is it already almost July?!?

2 comments:

  1. Water bottle idea sounds good. Make sure you hydrate good today too, which it sounds like you are! Humidity sucks. Our summer average is usually in the lower 90% range for humidity. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race!! Looking forward to hearing about it!

    Who runs a half in August? This girl!! ;) I actually have been asking myself the same question since April, lol. But who can resist a wine-themed run? NOT this girl. :p We should try to look for each other. Probably won't be hard, since I doubt there will be a record turnout for an August half-marathon!!

    Have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete