Friday, June 6, 2014

Well, I Hear the Music. Close My Eyes Feel the Rhythm

I am by no means a professional dancer.

I could even go as far as saying I am not even an amateur dancer.

I am a person who could maybe learn dance steps and with lots and lots of practice somehow manage to not fall down.

In high school I was in show choir so I used to learn dances that went along with our songs. That was always a lot of fun because the dances were never super complicated. Really, we had to be able to sing and dance so we weren't busting out Travis Wall contemporary routines while singing "Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat". Speaking of Travis Wall, yay for So You Think You Can Dance coming back. I don't care about the audition process, as much. Can't wait for the Top Twenty!

Wow, OK, tangent.

During last night's rehearsal we learned our first dance. I am singing for a good chunk of this song so there's a possibility I won't be doing the dance the same way everyone else was taught. But, the choreographer isn't sure what she's doing yet so she had me learn it anyway.

And this is when I wish I had a heart rate monitor because man, I was working hard. Dancing and engaging ones diaphragm so one can sing is a whole different feeling than just going for a run. It's definitely cross training! I think I'll practice singing while I run, who cares what anyone else thinks, just to work on my ability to sing and move. I'll just be the crazy Singing Runner!

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

  1. I can barely walk up stair and talk at the same time without tripping, so kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete