Thursday, June 12, 2014

You Better Lose Yourself in the Music, the Moment, You Own It

Down 1.6 pounds this week, can I get a HECK YEAH.

Shoot, it's a loss so I'm gonna go all, can I get a HELL YEAH!

So, I just bought a SparkleTech Skirt. I have read good things about them and I am in desperate need of something cooler. Even my running capris are a bit warm. Plus, they have pockets. I love pockets. Pockets are cool. (Like bowties).

I'm trying not to feel guilty about the cost of the skirt. It's an investment. I will use it.

Anyone else feel that way when they buy something exclusively for themselves? I can justify work clothes. I try to buy "casual" clothes that can also be worn at work.

I'm going to let go of the guilt. It's not like I'm buying Sparkle Skirts instead of groceries, right? And it's not like Hubs and I go out to eat all the time or go to lots of movies or shoot, go to ANYTHING anymore ha.

Ok, I feel better. Aren't you glad you read the previous paragraphs?

I'll write a review on the skirt after I wear it a few times. If I like it, I'll have to get some tech tops that I can actually wear with it. Going out for a morning run in a gold skirt and whatever top I find isn't a problem. Showing up for a race in that outfit might look silly. And while I fully support looking silly, I don't want to look THAT silly.

6 comments:

  1. I am all about the silly! The brighter and more mismatched, the better! I do feel guilty when I spend what I feel is too much on running stuff. But I also feel guilty super easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you will love my gold skirt! I'll post pictures.

      Delete
  2. LOOOOOVE that Eminem song!

    Fantastic loss this week! (and great little nod to Doctor Who!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Eminem!
      Thanks, I am quite proud of it.

      Delete
  3. HELL YEAH! congrats :) and maybe you should set up a monthly allowance for fun clothes...then there is zero guilt! and maybe a sub-budget for sparkly things?

    ReplyDelete